On Sunday, February 14, between the 9:00 and 11:15 services, in the Chapel, we will be Celebrating the Life and Ministry of Jennifer Durant, former St. Paul’s parishioner. Continue reading for details.Continue reading
ADULT EDUCATION: All are welcome to attend forums in the Chapel on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services. Today we will be “Celebrating the Life and Ministry of Jennifer Durant,” former St. Paul’s parishioner who discerned her call to the priesthood while at St. Paul’s and was ordained and served as a priest at Church of Our Savior Episcopal Church in Charlottesville, Virginia until her death from ALS disease in 2015. Her husband Matt joins us to talk about her journey from St. Paul’s to the priesthood and her life as a priest with ALS.
Next Sunday the topic is “Islam” with guest speaker Imam Shakil Ahmed, Imam of the Islamic Association of Cary.
WELCOME HOME Refuge for Refugees: Our first refugee family is due to arrive on February 25th. We will welcome home a family of four from Afghanistan. The family includes two girls, ages four and two. Our Sign-Up-Genius ( www.signupgenius.com/go/5080849acae1-refuge ) has been updated in light of the needs of a toddler. We need just a few more items for the apartment / family. Specifically, we are still in need kitchen chairs, a new twin mattress, an indoor TV antenna, and items for toddlers / preschoolers. A big thank you for all the donations to date.
We will be given keys to the apartment on February 19th and will move the furniture and supplies in on February 20th. And we will greet the family when they arrive on February 25th. More details will follow soon. For more details, contact MM Cupitt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“CONVERSATION AND COMMUNITY” a small group discussion opportunity uses selections from Brian McLaren’s book, We Make the Road by Walking, to facilitate spiritually focused conversation and to foster friendships. Please come for one week, or all weeks, or anything in between. This group is for anyone looking for something more casual than Adult Education Forums in the chapel but more structured than Coffee Hour. Meetings are in the conference room on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 services.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The vestry is hosting a “Meet the Vestry” coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to talk with newly elected and returning vestry members.
Next week the Eucharistic Ministers will be hosting coffee hour. Eucharistic Ministers are lay persons who assist the clergy in administering Communion. Please stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to learn more about this special ministry.
FAITH ON TAP: Variety is the spice of life! The next few months Faith on Tap will be meeting at establishments with more than ten taps – something for just about any taste! So come join us to meet old friends and/or make new ones. Both men and women are invited! Please contact Tyrus Cohan (228) 223-4558 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Saturday, February 20 7:30 p.m. – Raleigh Beer Garden, 614 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27603
- Saturday, March 19 7:30 p.m. – World of Beer, 2036 Renaissance Park Place, Cary, NC 27513
- Saturday, April 16 7:30 p.m. – Flying Saucer, 328 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Saturday, May 21 7:30 p.m. – Tyler’s Tap Room, 1483 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502
WOMEN’s BEACH WEEK 2016: Mark your calendars now for April 24th through May 1st for our annual beach trip to Emerald Isle. See the sign-up poster in the narthex.
SENIOR MINISTRY ORGANIZATIONAL TEAM
Are you worried about your medical care when you near the end of life? Are you part of the sandwich generation and dread decisions you may be forced to make? Would you like to make difficult circumstances as easy as possible for your loved ones? Join us for a presentation on Advanced Directives Saturday, February 20 at 1:00 p.m. in the chapel to learn how to approach these topics. Rich Gwaltney from Transitions Life Care will present practical tips on selecting a healthcare power of attorney and making your wishes known to your loved ones regarding your future medical care. Adults of all ages are welcome to attend. Please RSVP if you will attend to Margie Best at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-303-3830. This program is sponsored by Senior Ministry Organizational Team.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. service today. These sessions are for children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the children’s cross processional to the youth wing.
- Our Children’s Stewardship Basket is collecting for Stop Hunger Now. Please contribute as the children continue their collection toward our $2900 goal that will sponsor a children’s Stop Hunger Now Day on May 15, 2016. Money for this event will be collected June 1, 2015 through May 15, 2016. To date we have collected $1503.29.
- We need parent assistance in teaching Children’s Chapel! Please sign up to share a simple story lesson with the children and a brief craft time. Spring 2016 Children’s Chapel sign up here: www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0544aaa92ca02-2016
- Mark your calendars for our second annual Teddy Bear Tea! This event for our younger parishioners and their guardians will be held on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 10:30 a.m. in the parish hall. Come enjoy some special time with your little ones and their stuffed friends! Sign up for this event at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0544AAA92CA02-teddy
- VBS Meetings will be held on Tuesday afternoons at 1:00 p.m., starting Feb. 16! Our VBS theme will be Heroes and Villains! Please contact Christine Ingram if you would like to help create this fun and exciting week.
- Mite Boxes will be available in the narthex and near the Children’s Ministries Bulletin Board in the Education Building. This year’s Mite Box collection will go toward our Children’s Stop Hunger Now event.
- After Lent comes Easter and our huge Easter Egg Hunt! We need donations of small, individually wrapped, nut-free candy for our Easter candy treat bags. Please drop off any donations to Christine Ingram or Christa Magee by March 20. Thank you so much!
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Who is God? Awesome God.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- NO EYC TONIGHT: We are returning from Kanuga and ask for prayers for safe travels.
- Lenten Series: Tuesdays 2/16, 2/23, 3/1, and 3/8, 6:00-7:00 p.m.: In this Lenten season of prayer and preparation to celebrate Easter we will participate in a video-based class by Bishop Curry entitled “Spirituality and Racial Justice.” We will share a simple meal together, watch the videos, and discuss how we are called to respond to racial injustice and work towards healing. We will meet in the Youth Wing.
ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY