• “Shake It Up” Sundays – August 7 & 21: Come have a milkshake and play games together over the summer. We meet in the Youth Wing from
6:00 -8:00 p.m. Please email to let me know if you are coming (Leah.Dail@stpaulscary.org) so I have enough milkshake-making ingredients!
• Movie Night and Mission Trip Fundraiser August 20th: Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and come watch a movie (title TBD) outside on a big screen. Think drive-in without a car! It’s a family-friendly movie for a hot summer night. The screen will be set up in the courtyard. We will sell concessions (popcorn, candy, and drinks) and accept donations to go towards future mission or pilgrimage trips. The movie will run from 8:30-10:30 pm.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: T The Men’s Group is serving refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and food for the Parish Picnic and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
Next week refreshments will be provided by the Senior Ministry. This ministry offers social and educational activities for older adults and for children of older parents.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends, loved ones or themselves be included on the prayer list, email the office at email@example.com or call the office at 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, August 8, 2016 to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
ADULT EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
Sunday: Today in the youth wing between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services, a film in the NOOMA series will be shown, followed by a discussion period. From the NOOMA series overview: “Jesus encouraged his listeners to search, to question, to wrestle with the implications of what he was saying and doing. He inspired, challenged, provoked, comforted, and invited people to be open to God’s work in this world. Wherever he went, Jesus started discussions about what matters most.” These films offer an invitation to us to search, question, and join the discussion. All are welcome to attend.
Wednesday Night at the Movies: Wednesday in the youth wing at 7:00 p.m. one in a series of films will be shown based on the book, A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years. Narrated by Diarmaid MacCulloch, one of the world’s leading historians and Professor of the History of the Church at St. Cross College, Oxford University, the films take us to historical points of interest relevant to Christianity and Mr. MacCulloch discusses the evolution of the Christian faith and its four main forms: Orthodoxy, Oriental Christianity, Western Catholicism and Protestantism.
Join us on Wednesday evenings for enlightening, thought-proving films. All are welcome!
• Have you ever considered joining the Sunday School Teaching Ministry? If so, please act quickly as we have two spots remaining – one in 3rd grade and one in 4th grade! Sunday School teachers work in teams of three, so you have every 3rd Sunday off. The lessons are fun and easy and the children are delightful! You can learn so much by explaining Bible Stories to children. No prior teaching experience is not necessary, just a love of God and children! Please contact Christine Ingram to sign up or have your questions answered.
• Children’s Ministries is thrilled to announce the
June 2016 – May 2017 Children’s Collection beneficiary! Please join us in collecting for “A Note in the Pocket!” They provided new and like new clothing to children in need in Wake County. In addition to collecting funds, we will also be collecting new and like-new clothing and participating in clothing sorts a couple of times a year. We will also have “Socks and Undies Sundays!” Stay tuned for additional information about how you and your children can help with this new opportunity.
• Children’s Chapel will continue at the 9:00 a.m. and
10:45 a.m. services all summer, with the exception of Labor Day weekend.
PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS AND CULTURES TOGETHER: PACCT will not meet in August, the next meeting will be September 6th, 2016. For more information, please contact Andrea at 919-348-9599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.