Stop Hunger Now: To learn more about this ministry to prevent malnutrition and starvation around the world, please find Glenda Swann in the Parish Hall following the service today. She’ll be the one with lovely red hair giving directions for today’s Stop Hunger Now food packaging event. Or email her anytime at email@example.com.
SEAMSTRESSES Needed! We need help sewing banners and Altar cloths for church. If interested, please call Jan Barbee at 919-274-8162.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: There is no coffee hour this morning. Children’s Ministries is packing meals for Stop Hunger Now in the parish hall.
Next week is Confirmation Sunday. Children’s Ministries and the Fellowship Events Team will be hosting a special coffee hour following the 9:00 service in honor of the Bishop’s visit and our confirmands.
Make a Match in May: Join the May Match campaign! A family has offered to match-dollar for dollar-all donations made in May 2016, up to $12,500. All money donated to this “May Match” will go to further fund the Ministries and Missions of St. Paul’s. Please keep in mind that these donations should be above normal giving and should not replace a normal monthly pledge payment. To donate to the “May Match” opportunity, simply write “May Match” in the check memo line. So far we have collected over $5000!
George and Cathy: A Picnic Contest: Rev. George and Dr. Cathy are having a contest for the St. Paul’s Picnic on June 5 (which is also George’s birthday)! For the contest we are collecting donations for either George or Cathy and the priest with the most donations collected by May 28 will have to wear either Red Sox gear (for George who doesn’t like the Red Sox) or Patriots Gear (for Cathy who REALLY doesn’t like the Patriots). All funds collected go to the Ministries and Missions of St. Pauls. Donations are collected in jars in the Parish Hall each Sunday during Coffee Hour…find the table with the balloons and gear. So far George has collected $450 and Cathy has collected $399. In the case of a tie on picnic Sunday, BOTH priests will wear their gear!
TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: St. Paul’s has a longstanding tradition of providing transportation to those in need. Care and Share helps with coordinating transportation to both appointments and Sunday Services. Currently, we have need of transportation to and from the 9:00 am service. If you are able to help, please contact: Kittied45@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Paul’s Yard Sale
On June 4 from 7:00 a.m.to 11:00 a.m. our parking lot and Parish Hall will become a yard sale paradise! Option One: “Rent” a parking space (or more!) and bring your stuff and sell it! You may choose to donate some of your earnings to the church, or keep your profits. Parking spaces can be reserved for a $25.00 per space suggested donation. To reserve a parking space, sign up at www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da4a623a4f58-stpauls Option Two: Donate your stuff and let us sell it! Drop off your good used condition items (no computers or appliances please) on Friday, June 3 between 2pm and 7pm. You will receive a donation form for your tax purposes. St. Paul’s will sell these items in the Parish Hall during the Yard Sale on Saturday and St. Paul’s will retain the earnings (this is NOT a consignment sale) to support the Ministries and Missions at St. Paul’s. To sign up to drop off items, sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C094DA4A623A4F58-stpauls1 DEADLINE for sign up is May 22.
Our spring blood drive is almost here! It will be Saturday, May 21 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon. If you are at least 17 years of age, in good health, and weigh at least 110 pounds, you are eligible and wanted! You can save up to 3 lives with just one pint of blood! Let’s make this the best blood drive yet! Please sign up at http://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=stpaul. Any questions, please contact Lisa Walt at email@example.com.
ADULT EDUCATION FORUMS. Today in the Chapel between the 9:00 and 11:15 services a film in the NOOMA series will be shown, followed by a discussion period. From the NOOMA series overview: “Jesus encouraged his listeners to search, to question, to wrestle with the implications of what he was saying and doing. He inspired, challenged, provoked, comforted, and invited people to be open to God’s work in this world. Wherever he went, Jesus started discussions about what matters most.” These films offer an invitation to us to search, question, and join the discussion. All are welcome to attend.
Next Sunday, the forum leader will be the Rt. Rev. Peter Lee, Assisting Bishop of the Diocese of North Carolina.
FAITH ON TAP: Join your fellow parishioners, both men and women, in sampling local establishments with more than 10 taps. The next outing will be Saturday, May 21, at 7:30 p.m. at Tyler’s Tap Room, 1483 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502. Please contact Tyrus Cohan (228) 223-4558 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PRESCHOOL: Summer Fun! Please join St. Paul’s Preschool at Summer Fun Camp. Week 1 will be Tuesday, May 31st – Friday, June 3rd, and Week 2 will be held Monday, June 6th – Thursday, June 9th from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Summer Fun Camp is for children 2- 6 years old. Applications and information can be found on the Preschool page of the website.
Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is scheduled for Saturday, November 12, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and we need you! We need help to make this year’s event a success. The festival committee needs two more committee members, one to take charge of publicity, and one for a new position that we’re calling facilities coordinator. It’s a fun event, for a very good cause, and we have a great group, but we’re looking for more wonderful volunteers. For full information, please contact Sally Moller, at email@example.com.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9am service only today. This session is for children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the children’s cross processional to the youth wing.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who contributed toward our Stop Hunger Now event. We exceeded our $2944 goal, collecting $3033! Our Stop Hunger Now event is today and we will be preparing 10,000 meals.
- Stay tuned! We will be announcing the 2016-2017 Children’s Stewardship Basket Beneficiary next Sunday!
- Heroes and Villains Vacation Bible School participant and volunteer registration forms are available in the Narthex and the Ed. Bldg. Please join us for the daytime or evening sessions June 20-24, 2016. Forms are due May 29.
- Sunday School: This our last Sunday of Youth Sunday School and there are three lessons going on! The regular lesson for high school and middle school is entitled “Finding God in Silence: Praying Alone.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10. Youth will also be leading Adult Ed. in the Chapel in honor of Youth Sunday. They will be showing a NOOMA video entitled “Breathe” and leading the discussion. Come join us for that.
- Confirmation: Confirmation will be on May 22nd at the 9:00 and 11:15 services
- EYC Tonight – Picnic & Games: Come out to Thomas Brooks Park (9008 Green Level Church Road) to play games, eat together, and celebrate our EYC seniors. This is the sign up for food and attendance: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054daaaa2ba46-eycpicnic.
- 30 Hour Famine: This is your last chance to donate to our team: http://youth.worldvision.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=14264.