ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR SUNDAY, NOV 8
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Annual Parish Meeting will be held in the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Please plan to attend this important meeting to elect Vestry members and to hear parish updates. In lieu of Coffee Hour in the parish hall, coffee will be served by the Vestry in the narthex before the meeting.
Next week Coffee Hour will be hosted in the parish hall by the St. Nicholas Ministry. Each year this ministry offers parishioners an opportunity to contribute gifts to children of families in need. Stop by to learn how to be part of this generous outreach ministry.
CONVERSATION AND COMMUNITY will not meet today. Instead, everyone is encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting held in the sanctuary between services. Conversation and Community will resume next Sunday.
ADULT EDUCATION: There will not be a forum today. Instead, everyone is encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting held in the sanctuary between services.
Forums resume next Sunday with Architecture of the Holy Eucharist [The Building of a Prayer]. Have you ever wondered why the words of the Eucharistic Prayer may change from season to season, or how the text got to be in the form it is today from the first days of the disciples gathering to break bread together? We will explore the various Eucharistic prayers from the Book of Common Prayer and uncover some of the “mystery” of the “Holy Mysteries”! Cathy Deats is our leader.
BREAD MINISTRY bakes and delivers bread to visitors each week. Bakers are needed to bake two loaves of bread and bring them to the church kitchen two or three times a year. Drivers are needed to deliver the bread to visitors on Sundays after the service. Each of these jobs requires only a small time commitment and is a great way to welcome newcomers. Would you like to help with the bread ministry? Please contact Sally Moller at email@example.com.
ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Don’t forget the Arts & Crafts Festival is this coming Saturday, November 14, from 10 to 4. Please take home the flier you’ll find in your bulletin, tell your friends, and join us for a fun day of shopping, prizes, music, food, and more. Check our website for more details. www.festival.stpaulscary.org
FAITH ON TAP: Bottle shops! They’ve sprung up everywhere. So let’s try a few of them out! Here are the upcoming dates and locations for Faith On Tap. We will meet at 7:30 p.m.
- November 21 – Tasty Beverage Co. – 327 W. Davie Street, Suite 106, Raleigh
- December 19 – Neighborhood Bottle Shop – 1341 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary
Contact Tyrus Cohan, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
THE LITTLE RED WAGON: The Little Red Wagon is always available for your food contributions to the Urban Ministries of Wake county food pantry. Priorities this week include peanut butter, soup, cereal, and canned beans (pinto, kidney, black. etc.). But anything you find on sale at the grocery store will be put to use, and if you can get multiples, that’s fine, we feed lots of families in a day. We’re also happy to have your extra paper or plastic grocery bags, to pack for our families who need food. Thanks as always for your continued support.
WAKE INTERFAITH HOSPITALITY NETWORK (WIHN) Homeless Ministry (Nov 8-15): St. Paul’s is co-hosting a WIHN week with White Plains Methodist Church from Nov 8-15. WIHN offers multi-generational outreach opportunities for St. Paul’s families. Parents and children volunteering together are encouraged and welcome. Come to help setup sleeping areas on Sunday, Nov 8 at 2:00 p.m., or be social hosts by interacting with kids thru play on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Overnight hosting during the week is also available or you can provide hot breakfast on Saturday, Nov 14. Contact Kathleen Neff, email@example.com or Myrna Belingon, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or to sign up as a volunteer.
FELLOWSHIP EVENT: Please join the fellowship team for our annual trek to Replacements Limited in Greensboro on November 21st. We will be meeting in the parking lot at St. Paul’s before 9.30 a.m. and carpooling to Greensboro with a stop for lunch at a place to be determined. We will be back at St. Paul’s by 4:00 p.m. Replacements is a huge warehouse emporium of silver, china, crystal, and many gift items so you can get a jump start on your holiday shopping. For further information, call Barbara Brickman at 919-469-9966 and look for a sign-up sheet in the narthex.
STAY AT HOME PARENTS GROUP (SAHP): Join us in Kids’ Club on the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 9:35 a.m. to socialize with other parents and find playmates for your little ones. We have no requirements or agenda, just come to chat and play! Contact Tara.Muller@me.com for more information and to be added to our email list.
Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service only. The 11:15 a.m. Chapel is cancelled today. This Chapel is for children ages 3 through 2nd Grade. Please follow the cross processional to the youth wing.
- Clergy-led Chapel for 3rd-5th graders will be held at the 9:00 a.m. services on Nov. 15 and Nov. 22.
- Our Children’s Stewardship Basket is collecting for Stop Hunger Now. Please contribute as the children continue their collection toward our $2900 goal that will sponsor a children’s Stop Hunger Now Day in May 2016. Money for this event will be collected June 1, 2015 through May 15, 2016. To date we have collected $701.67.
- Christmas Pageant Participation Forms are available on the church website and near the Children’s Ministries Bulletin Board in the education building. No prior experience necessary. Forms are due by 10:00 a.m. on Nov. 15 (next Sunday!!!). Please return forms to Christine Ingram or Christa Magee.
- Pre-EYC meets in the parish hall TODAY at 11:15 a.m. This meeting will be facilitated by St. Paul’s High School Youth! We hope all our 4th and 5th graders will attend!
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Cost of Relationships: Sharing the Burden.” Middle School meets in the youth wing. High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC Today:
- Middle School: Regular EYC 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- High School: Helping with Pre-EYC 11:15 a.m. -1:00 p.m. and then go out to lunch together. No evening EYC for HS.
- Youth T-Shirts: We are getting Youth Ministry t-shirts for both youth and adults. Contact Leah to order yours by today. They are $7.00. We will tie dye the shirts at EYC on Nov. 22.