SUNDAY: The Rev. Canon Rhonda Lee, Diocese of North Carolina, will lead today’s segment of our Lenten series on Faith and the Common Life in the Chapel from 10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Join us as we explore how our faith informs our public witness. This week’s class is “The Psalms and Nonviolent Communication Part 2.” Coffee and cookies are available in the Chapel narthex before class.
There will be no classes April 9, 16, or 23.
WEDNESDAY: Join us for the last Lenten study in the Youth Wing from 6:00 – 6:45 p.m. The class focuses on spiritual exercises that have enriched the lives of Christians for hundreds of years. We will learn about practicing and reflection of the disciplines based on the book Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. Child care will be provided. Please email Beth Barnes at email@example.com to ensure we have adequate staff for childcare.
EASTER LILY ENVELOPES will be available in the pews through Sunday, April 2. Giving an Easter Lily that will decorate the altar and worship spaces on Easter Sunday is a beautiful way to remember and give thanks for the special people in our lives. The Altar Guild requests a donation of $20.00 per plant. Make checks payable to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, with Altar Guild Flowers noted on the memo line. All requests must to be received by Sunday, April 2, to appear in the Easter bulletins.
APPALACHIA SERVICE PROJECT (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July 1 to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth who are rising 9th graders – graduating seniors. To sign up, contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: In honor of Children’s Communion, there will be a special coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 a.m service today. It is hosted by Children’s Ministries and the Fellowship Events Team. Please stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to celebrate this joyous occasion.
Next week the Men’s Group will be hosting coffee hour. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and food for the Parish Picnic and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
DORCAS MINISTRIES is sponsoring the NC Baptist Men’s Dental Bus on Saturday, April 22. They are looking for dentists, hygienists, and volunteers so that they can provide services to those in our community who need selected dental services. The clinic hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are interested in volunteering, contact email@example.com or call 919-469-9861, ext. 202.
TRANSPORTATION TO CHURCH FOR REFUGEE FAMILY
One of the refugee families we re-settled in 2016 loves coming to St. Paul’s for church. We would like to arrange rides so that they can come more often. They live in North Raleigh and would be a group of 5 or 6, so a minivan or an SUV with lots of seats is necessary! We want to bring them to the 9:00 a.m. service so the kids can go to Sunday School. Can you commit to driving them one way, one Sunday a month? Or round-trip? See the website to sign up if you can help out!
SENIOR LUNCHEON TODAY at 12:30 p.m.: The Youth would like to invite all senior St. Paul’s Parishioners to our Annual Luncheon for Seniors – and it’s brunch this year! It will be held in the Parish hall. Come on over even if you haven’t RSVP’d. This is our way to celebrate and say thank you to the older generation at St. Paul’s.
MEN’S BEACH WEEK 2017: Men’s Beach Week is only 3 weeks away. It runs from Sunday, April 23, through Sunday, April 30. There is still room to sign up for the nights you want – $65/night includes oceanfront accommodations and food. For more information, contact Men’s Group President Fill Bowen at 919-215-4543 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms are available online or in the narthex.
WOMEN’S BEACH WEEK 2017: Mark your calendars now for April 30th through May 7th for our annual beach trip to Emerald Isle. See the sign-up poster in the narthex or contact Yvon Daniel at 919 747 1199 or Yvdaniel60@gmail.com.
CURSILLO WEEKEND will be held at St. Paul’s on June 8-11, 2017. Please consider becoming a participant, especially if you are looking for something more in your spiritual life. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com.
ACOLYTES NEEDED: Calling all 5th-12th graders! St. Paul’s needs more volunteers to be acolytes during church. It is a great way to contribute to the church, get community service hours for your school – and it is lots of fun to be part of the service. Are you interested, but you’re worried you won’t know what to do? No problem! We will provide training for you to go over all the things you need to know. Anyone with interest should contact Jodi Jeffries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come be a part of our group!
EASTER SUNDAY/CONFIRMATION COFFEE HOUR: The Youth Ministry and Fellowship Events Team are co-hosting the Easter Sunday/Confirmation Coffee Hour on April 16. This is expected to be a well-attended event with many parishioners and visitors participating. We are asking for help providing food to supplement the event. If you are planning to attend, any donation of savory or sweet food would be greatly appreciated. Please bring items to the kitchen before 9:00 a.m. that Sunday.
- The 2016-2017 Children’s Collection Basket is collecting funds to host a Note in the Pocket Sort Day on June 4, 2017. So far we have collected $1507.40 toward our $3000.00 goal.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. service only today. Children ages 3 through 2nd grade are invited to follow the children’s cross processional to the Youth Wing. Children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- Mark your calendars for July 10-14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for our 2017 VBS: Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Registration forms are located in the Narthex. We are also in need of parent volunteers to lead the story telling center, games center and 3-year-old group. We also need lots of youth volunteers! Please contact Stacy Lyerly at email@example.com to sign up to help!
- We need CANDY for the St. Paul’s Easter Egg Hunt! Please drop off any candy donations (small, peanut free, individually wrapped are preferred) in the bin in the Narthex. Thank you!
- Congratulations to our Communion Class Participants: August Barton Olson, Lilly Annabelle Woodson, Isabel Amelia Lainez, Liam Joseph Rubin, Brendan Patrick McGinley, Ella Marianne Springfield, William “Liam” Warren Evaul, Penn Emory Joyce, Henry Lee Collins, Eliza Mei Lowe, Logan Ronald Joyce, Catherine Anne Ingram, Nicholas Benjamin Bosser, Bridget Nicole Deese, Rachael Lenore Concini, Adam Brooks Campbell, Sarah McKenzie Pearce, Charles Robert Chappelle, Evelyn “Evie” Anne Lyerly, Layla Marie Wood, Avery Genevieve Boles, Cooper Blaire Buchanan, Thomas David Dohrmann, Margaret Abigail McQuiggan, Carter Brown, and Jack Joseph Trainor.
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: In the Midst of Enemies.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing. Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Confirmation Class: The last class is today in the Curry Center during the education hour.
- EYC Tonight 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Cookies! We will be baking cookies and preparing college care packages to send to our former EYC-ers to help them through their upcoming exams. You can also enter our Bake-Off Contest: bring 2 dozen already-baked cookies. They’ll be judged on taste and appearance and prizes will be awarded. We will eat dinner, if there’s enough room after all the cookies!