NO ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE PRINTED FOR EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 16
- The 2016-2017 Children’s Collection Basket is collecting funds to host a Note in the Pocket Sort Day on June 4, 2017. So far, we have collected $1744.10 toward our $3000.00 goal.
- Due to all the festivities at our Palm Sunday Services there will be no Sunday School today. Sunday School will resume on April 23.
- Our Easter Egg hunt is NEXT Sunday! It will be held on the St. Paul’s campus, starting around 10:30 a.m. Please bring your bag or basket to collect eggs.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services today. Children ages 3 through 2nd grade are invited to follow the children’s cross processional to the Youth Wing. Children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- Mark your calendars for July 10-14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for our 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Registration forms are in the Narthex. We are also in need of parent volunteers to lead the story telling center, games center, and 3-year-old group. We also need lots of youth volunteers! Please contact Stacy Lyerly at email@example.com to sign up to help!
- We need CANDY for the St. Paul’s Easter Egg Hunt! Please drop off any candy donations (small, peanut free, individually wrapped are preferred) in the bin in the Narthex. Thank you!
- Sunday School: No classes April 9 or April 16. See you back on April 23.
- Confirmation Class: Classes are finished. Confirmation is on April 16.
- EYC: No EYC April 9 or April 16.
FAMILY PROMISE: Our second Family Promise week of the year is coming up (Apr 30-May 7, 2017). Family Promise helps families without homes achieve independence by providing temporary housing, lodging, meals, case management & educational services. St. Paul ‘s serves as a host congregation, providing meals, supplies, & volunteer support to families temporarily residing at White Plains United Methodist Church in Cary several times each year.
We need volunteers.
- Social Hosting (Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat) involves watching and playing with around 4-6 kids between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Overnight Hosts (Sun-Sat) from 8:30 p.m. – 6:30 a.m. Please sign up at www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445aea62f4-family or at St Paul’s webpage www.stpaulscary.org/ministries/outreach/.
SUNDAY: There will be no classes April 9, 16, or 23.
APPALACHIA SERVICE PROJECT (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July I to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth who are rising 9th graders – graduating seniors. To sign up, contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASP CHORE DAY: Youth and adults who are going on the Appalachia Service Project are teaming up Saturday, May 6, from 8 a.m.-12 noon to do various jobs at parishioners’ houses as a fund raiser for our trip. If you have work that lends itself to a group effort, yard work for example, hire us to do it! We don’t charge for our work – you donate to our ASP trip instead. Let us help you get some spring chores done! Contact Leah Dail at email@example.com to sign up to have a job done. ASP folks, there will be a separate sign up for volunteering.
SPRING MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the Parish Hall during coffee hour on April 23. Each of the three mini fairs during the year highlights different ministries. Stop by to check out some of the many opportunities to get involved or just enjoy coffee, food and fellowship. Here are a few of the groups which will be participating in the spring fair: Habitat for Humanity, Memorial Garden, Buildings and Grounds Committee, Heifer International, Senior Ministry, Ushers, Women’s Study Group, Julian Gathering, and Urban Ministries (Little Red Wagon).
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Men’s Group is hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 service today. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and food for the Parish Picnic and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
Next week is Confirmation Sunday. The Fellowship Events Team and Youth will be hosting a special coffee hour in honor of the Bishop’s visit and our confirmands.
DORCAS MINISTRIES is sponsoring the NC Baptist Men’s Dental Bus on Saturday, April 22. They are looking for dentists, hygienists, and volunteers so that they can provide services to those in our community who need selected dental services. The clinic hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are interested in volunteering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-469-9861, ext. 202.
DORCAS FOOD PANTRY TOILET PAPER COLLECTION will be Sunday April 9. Look for the bins in front of the narthex.
TRANSPORTATION TO CHURCH FOR REFUGEE FAMILY: One of the refugee families we re-settled in 2016 loves coming to St. Paul’s for church. We would like to arrange rides so that they can come more often. They live in North Raleigh and would be a group of 5 or 6, so a minivan or an SUV with lots of seats is necessary! We want to bring them to the 9:00 a.m. service so the kids can go to Sunday School. Can you commit to driving them one way, one Sunday a month? Or round-trip? See the website to sign up if you can help!
NEWCOMER CLASS: There will be a Newcomer class for all who are interested in learning about St. Paul’s, the larger Episcopal Church, and opportunities in which to participate. It will be three Tuesday evenings, April 25, May 2 and 9 in the chapel, 7:00-8:15 p.m. You are invited to attend all 3 classes, but attend as many as you can. They are not a continuing series. The classes will be led by the Rev. George, while other clergy and ministry leaders will come in to share about the many ministry groups. For more information, contact Frank and Anne Laney at email@example.com at (919) 460-0835.
MEN’S BEACH WEEK 2017: Men’s Beach Week is only 3 weeks away. It runs from Sunday, April 23, through Sunday, April 30. There is still room to sign up for the nights you want – $65/night includes oceanfront accommodations and food. For more information, contact Men’s Group President Fill Bowen at 919-215-4543 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms are available online or in the narthex.
WOMEN’S BEACH WEEK 2017: Mark your calendars now for April 30th through May 7th for our annual beach trip to Emerald Isle. See the sign-up poster in the narthex or contact Yvon Daniel at 919-747-1199 or Yvdaniel60@gmail.com.
CURSILLO WEEKEND will be held at St. Paul’s on June 8-11, 2017. Please consider becoming a participant, especially if you are looking for something more in your spiritual life. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com.
ACOLYTES NEEDED: Calling all 5th-12th graders! St. Paul’s needs more volunteers to be acolytes during church. !t is a great way to contribute to the church, get community service hours for your school – and it is lots of fun to be part of the service. Are you interested, but you’re worried you won’t know what to do? No problem! We will provide training for you to go over all the things you need to know. Anyone with interest should contact Jodi Jeffries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come be a part of our group!
EASTER SUNDAY/CONFIRMATION COFFEE HOUR: The Youth Ministry and Fellowship Events Team are co-hosting the Easter Sunday/Confirmation Coffee Hour on April 16. This is expected to be a well-attended event with many parishioners and visitors participating. We are asking for help providing food to supplement the event. If you are planning to attend, any donation of savory or sweet food would be greatly appreciated. Please bring items to the kitchen before 9:00 a.m. that Sunday.
PRAYER STITCHERS will not meet during Holy Week. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, April 19, 10 a.m.-12 noon in the Youth Wing. Join us for prayer and fellowship as we make items for persons in need.