• Super Summer S(f)undays continue today at 10:10 a.m. Meet us on the playground to have a popsicle and some sticker fun. All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
• The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far we have collected $264.59 toward our goal of $3000.00.
• Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd grade. Immediately following the Collect children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
• We need Sunday School Teachers! Being a Sunday School Teacher is a great way to give back to the church, meet great children and meet other wonderful adults. Training is provided, the curriculum is easy and scheduling is flexible. Our current needs are 1 teacher for each grade of Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 4th Grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information or to sign up!
• Children’s bulletins, crayon packs and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
• The presence of children is a gift to the Church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, Nursery Care for babies and young children is available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kid’s Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Dorcas Ministries ministry is providing refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This local organization provides affordable clothing, food, training and tools for self-sufficiency to those in need. Stop by to learn how you might enjoy volunteering in the Dorcas Thrift Shop.
Next week the Communications Committee will serve refreshments. This important committee keeps us informed about all the many activities and events of our parish.
ADULT FORMATION: Today, a brief film in the NOOMA series will be shown in the Youth Wing, followed by a discussion period, between the 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. services. These films explore real-life situations from the perspective of Jesus. All are welcome to attend.
The sixth session viewing and discussing The Shack will be Wednesday, August 16, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The movie is based on William Paul Young’s best-selling book of the same name. Please join us even if you missed sessions.
Would you like to support Adult Formation offerings at St. Paul’s? We are looking for people willing to occasionally set up the coffee and cookies for the Sunday morning events. Training is provided. If you are interested, please contact Andrea Johnson, email@example.com or 919-348-9599.
END-OF-SUMMER MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the Parish Hall during coffee hour on August 27. All are welcome! This will be a kid-friendly event; children can earn a prize for their participation. Stop by and check out great opportunities to get involved including: Arts and Crafts Festival, Children’s Ministries, Men’s Group, Music Ministry, Preschool, St. Nicholas Ministry, Veterans and Military Outreach, and more.
ARTS AND CRAFT FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 4, with proceeds going to Outreach. If you have new, handmade items to donate, please contact Gerri Antonides, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DORCAS FOOD PANTRY: Today is our regular toilet paper collection Sunday for Dorcas Food Pantry. And a thank you for those who have filled the bin. It’s really appreciated.
NEWCOMER MINISTRY: We need several people who live in Holly Springs, Apex, and Fuquay-Varina to assist with delivering bread. We are having more visitors from those areas and it would be helpful if those of you who live south of Cary could assist us. It’s easy! Please contact Anne Laney at email@example.com, or just check in the drawer of the desk in the narthex after the service and see if there are visitor pew cards with addresses that are convenient for you. The instructions are there.
ST. PAUL’S LOBSTER FEST 2017 will be Saturday, October 7. We need Volunteers! Help during the week of Lobster Fest, the day of Lobster Fest, and a couple of follow-up needs. St. Paul’s parishioners have been generous with support in the past and we need to fill our open positions as soon as we can. Please go to https://tinyurl.com/lobsterfesthelp2017 (Sign Up Genius Invite). Links to this Sign Up Genius sites are posted on both lobsterfestcary.org and stpaulscary.org web sites. Or, contact Vickie Johnson, 919-201-2503, or firstname.lastname@example.org.