NOTE: There will not be announcements for Sunday, December 31. The next announcements will be for January 7, 2018.
2018 STEWARDSHIP – “Sharing God’s BLESSINGS”: Over the past few weeks, an effort was made to highlight and celebrate all the good that St. Paul’s represents. The church and its ministries provide spiritual support and help to our community that makes a real difference. Your support is what makes this a reality. Contributions in the form of pledges help support our church community and your contributions have been tremendous. If you haven’t pledged yet, we hope you consider turning in your pledge form as soon as possible so that we can include your pledge in our 2018 budgeting process. Pledge forms are available in the Narthex and the church office, or you can pledge online through the St. Paul’s website. Thank you to everyone who has already pledged!
Heifer International – Alternate Gift Giving Opportunity: Heifer International invites us to give Christmas gift donations in honor of our families and friends. These alternate gifts buy working animals for families in need around the world. When you place a donation in the Heifer Ark on Sunday mornings between Thanksgiving and Christmas, please take a Heifer honor card available in the St. Paul’s narthex to give to a family member or friend you wish to honor with your charitable gift. St. Paul’s donations in 2017 have now surpassed $5000 for the GIFT ARK of animals. With your generosity we can send even more life-changing gifts to impoverished families and communities this year. Thank you for your kind support of Heifer International this Christmas time and throughout the year. Alison Arnold, 919-605-0761, email@example.com
NICHOLAS THANKS YOU: Thank you to the St. Paul’s congregation for your over-whelming generosity in providing gifts for almost 400 needy children in our community. The St. Nicholas Ministry has delivered all the gifts to the agencies that we support for delivery to the families. Again, thank you!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: There is no coffee hour this week. Merry Christmas to all who support and participate in the many ministries of our parish!
There is also no coffee hour next week.
MUSIC: The St. Paul’s Choir’s CD A Babe is Born: Music for Advent and Christmas is on sale every Sunday until the end of December. The selections include the premiere recording of Rusty McKinney’s setting of “There is No Rose of Such Virtue” composed for the St. Paul’s Choir. This professionally recorded and produced CD can be yours for just $10 (they make great Christmas gifts) and the proceeds benefit the entirety of Music Ministries. Look for our table after the 10:00 a.m. services just inside the Choir Room. And of course, anytime during the week when Rusty is in his office, they are available! Contact the Minister of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 919-467-6241for help.
SENIOR MINISTRY: The next monthly breakfast social event is on the first Wednesday of the month of January. We will meet Wednesday, January 3, 2018 from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. at the IHOP on Kildaire Farm Road. You do not need to make a reservation; just join us. This event is sponsored by St. Paul’s Senior Ministry.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far we have collected $1048.48 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Sunday School and Children’s Chapel are on vacation until January 7, 2018.
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, Nursery Care for babies and young children is available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child
- No Sunday School: Classes start back on January 7th.
- No EYC Tonight: We meet again on January 7th for our Winter Kickoff and Epiphany Party.