SUNDAY: All are welcome to join the Rev. J. Carr Holland III in the Chapel from 10:15 – 11:00 a.m. for the continuation of a weekly series on “The Prophetic Voices of Scripture.” Today’s class is about the prophet Isaiah. Coffee is available in the Chapel narthex before class.
Next Sunday’s class is about the prophet Jeremiah, led by the Rev. J. Carr Holland III.
Wednesday: The Rev. Javier E. Almendárez Bautista will continue the series on The Bible from Scratch on February 15. The topic will be the Old Testament. All classes are held in the Youth Wing from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. There is no registration. Everyone is welcome to attend all or as many classes as you can.
St. Paul’s Lifelong Learning Program is excited to announce Healing Touch, an energy-based approach to health and healing. This is a free program provided by parishioner Linda Huckabee. Thirty minute sessions will be held from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon on the second Saturday of the month, in the Curry Center. Contact Linda at email@example.com with questions or to sign up.
Appalachia Service Project (ASP) brings thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Their mission is to make homes “Warmer, Safer, and Drier.” St. Paul’s is once again going with a team of youth and adults. This year we will go June 25 – July 1 to a location in North Carolina. There are limited spaces available for youth (rising 9th graders – graduating seniors) and adults. It’s a week of hard work, lots of fun and fellowship, and many, many God moments. No construction experience is necessary; on-the- job training is provided! More information or to sign up, contact Kevin Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s Beach Week 2017: Join with the men of St. Paul’s for a relaxing week of oceanfront fellowship on Emerald Isle. Men’s Beach Week runs Sunday, April 23 through Sunday, April 30, 2017. More info and sign-up forms are in the Narthex, or search for “MBW2017” on St. Paul’s website, www.stpaulscary.org.
CURSILLO weekend will be held at St. Paul’s on June 8-11, 2017. Please consider becoming a participant, especially if you are looking for something more in your spiritual life. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com.
Refuge for Refugees (R4R): We invite all of St. Paul’s to a Welcome Home Party for our latest family, the Mahamad family from Somalia. Please join us on Sunday, February 26th, at 12:30 p.m. (after the 11:15 service) in the Parish Hall to celebrate this new family and their bravery. At the gathering we will also have a kick-off for St. Paul’s 2017 efforts for Refuge for Refugees. Beverly Yekeson will share her experiences as a refugee and discuss ways in which we can all get more deeply involved in helping refugees adjust to their new home. We will invite you to join a core team to welcome additional families to Raleigh/Cary in 2017. This is the perfect time for you to get involved at a deeper level or just reconnect at the level at which you were. See you on February 26th. A light lunch of vegetarian soup, bread, salad, cake and drinks will be provided.
R4R can use your old mobile phones. If you have recently upgraded to a new phone, or are planning to do so soon, please consider donating your old mobile phone to our refugee ministry. You can leave them in the R4R box in the church office. Questions or need a receipt? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
FAMILY PROMISE: Our first Family Promise (formerly Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network) week of the year is starting today through February 19, 2017. Family Promise helps families without homes achieve independence by providing temporary housing, lodging, meals, case management, and educational services. St. Paul’s serves as a host congregation, providing meals, supplies, and volunteer support to families temporarily residing at White Plains United Methodist Church in Cary several times each year. We need volunteers:
- Social Hosting (Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat) involves watching and playing with around 4-6 kids between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Overnight Hosts (Sun-Sat) from 8:30 pm – 6:30 a.m.
Please sign-up at www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445aea62f4-family.
Murder Mystery Dinner and Fundraiser, February 25th 7:00 p.m.: Back by popular demand, the youth of St. Paul’s will be presenting another juicy murder mystery and dinner. This year they will be performing “Rushmore’s Revenge” set at the Rushmore Beauty Academy. Dinner will be a scrumptious three course Southern-themed meal. The event is 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. and child care will be provided. Tickets are $20.00 per person and there will also be a wine cash bar. Proceeds will go towards Youth Mission trips. Please RSVP at: https://goo.gl/forms/RCvc3cbo8ejgfszH2. Contact Leah Dail at Leah.Dail@stpaulscary.org for more information.
The Fellowship Events Team invites you to the 2nd “Annual” BBQ Luncheon on Saturday March 11th in the Parish Hall. Luncheon includes chicken and pulled pork, made with a special sauce, and served with delicious sides. Food will be served 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Take out will be available.) Tickets on sale February 19 – March 5 during coffee hour, before and after Sunday Services. Tickets $10.00/adult and $5.00/child. Join us for food and fellowship. For more information contact Toni Holderied 919-387-8225 or email@example.com.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS – Meet the Vestry: Coffee hour following the 9:00 a.m. service is hosted by the Vestry today. Vestry members will be present to answer any questions you might have. Hope to see everyone enjoying coffee and please come on over to the Vestry table to have your questions answered and for good conversation!
Next week Care and Share will be hosting coffee hour. This is an in-reach ministry where members of St. Paul’s respond to short-term needs of parishioners, such as providing visits, meals or transportation. Join them for coffee and snacks and to learn more about this helpful and compassionate ministry.
Church Work Day: Please join us on March 4th, 2017 for our next volunteer work day! Our buildings are due for a bit of maintenance and “TLC.” We will need help with painting, washing, replacing, installing, removing, and even de-greasing around campus! We will meet in the parish hall 9 a.m. and will be working for most of the day. Please feel free to come as you are able. For additional information or to offer up specific talents/resources, please contact Brent Hauser at 336-407-3285 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Confirmation CLASSES: If you are interested in exploring the Christian faith in the Episcopal tradition, adult confirmation preparation is an excellent way to begin the journey. Adult confirmation classes will take place on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing beginning on February 22 and continuing through the Lenten season.
Attendance is expected if you would like to be confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church during the bishop’s visit on Easter Day. Anyone is welcome to attend the classes, however, even if you do not plan to be confirmed. Please email the Rev. Javier Almendárez Bautista at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- The 2016-2017 Children’s Collection Basket is collecting funds to host a Note in the Pocket Sort Day on June 4, 2017. So far, we have collected $1191.26 toward our $3000 goal.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services today. Children ages 3 through 2nd grade are invited to follow the children’s cross processional to the Youth Wing. Children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- Sunday School will be held in the Education Building at 10:10 a.m. Looking forward to seeing everyone. It is never too late to join Sunday School!
- Our Socks and Undies Drive for Note in the Pocket will be held every Sunday in February. Please bring new (in packaging) socks and undies and/or new or like new clothing and shoes. All sizes, gender, are welcome. Note in the Pocket collection bin is located in the Narthex.
- Pre-EYC will be setting up for Family Promise at White Plains United Methodist Church TODAY from 1:45pm-3pm. All 4th and 5th graders are invited to join us.
- Communion Class Registration forms (for baptized children ages 1st grade and up) are available in the Narthex. Please be sure to return your form by March 5, 2017.
- Mark your calendars for July 10-14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for St. Paul’s VBS!!! Details coming soon!
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Setting Priorities: Slave or Master.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Play Rehearsal Today 3:00-5:00 p.m.: We’ll meet in the Youth Wing to rehearse. Bring your script.
- EYC Tonight 5:00-7:00 p.m.: It’s a regular EYC, so come fellowship with us and eat a great dinner. We meet in the Youth Wing.