Altar Flower Memorials: The Altar Flower Chart for 2019 is in the narthex. Flowers are usually given in memory of or / and in thanksgiving for loved ones, or to commemorate special occasions in our lives. The Altar Guild requests a donation of $45.00. Checks may be made payable to St. Paul’s with Altar Guild flowers noted on the memo line. Please sign up on the flower chart at least 3 weeks in advance for your name to appear in the appropriate Sunday bulletin. Stop by the sacristy after the 11:15 a.m. service if you would like to take the flowers you donated home.
Pledging for the 2019 Operating Budget: We need your 2019 stewardship pledge! Your stewardship pledge covers our annual operating budget for 2019, the funds that keep our ministries going and the love flowing! We are asking everyone to bump up those pledges 5-7% if possible, to help cover the growing cost of doing what we do. You can pledge online through website or complete a pledge form (available in the Narthex) and place it in the Offertory Plate. Thank you!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS
The Prayer Stitchers are hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 service today. This handiwork ministry – which includes knitting, crocheting, weaving, and quilting – welcomes adults, young people, and children as participants. They enjoy prayer and fellowship as they make items for persons in need. This year they are celebrating nine years of stitching and camaraderie.
Next week the Resilience Ministry will be hosting coffee hour. This ministry offers resources for individuals, families and communities to understand and then prevent or respond to the long-term effects of childhood adversity.
Sunday Mornings: In the season after Epiphany, join our clergy as we explore the stories in our Women in Scripture series. How are we to receive their witness in the life of Jewish and Christian traditions? What might their stories teach us about God’s work in the world? Today at 10:00 a.m., the Rev. J. Carr Holland will lead our discussion of Esther.
Wednesday Evenings: Our winter series, Spiritual Practices, will guide us through the basics of seven spiritual practices. Each session begins with a short video. This week Sara Miles will introduce Food: Eating with Jesus and we will explore the stories of meaningful faith experiences through ancient spiritual practices. Sessions begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing.
Please see the Adult Formation page on the St. Paul’s website and the E-News for more information and drop in for any sessions you’re able to attend.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far, we have collected $1420.28 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
- Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building.
- Pre-EYC meets TODAY from 11:15a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Hope to see our 4th and 5th graders today!
- The 4th Annual Teddy Bear Tea will be held on February 2, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the Parish Hall. Hope you and your stuffed friends can join us! All are welcome!
- Sunday School: Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Rehearsal 4-5 p.m.: Meet in the Parish Hall and bring your script.
- EYC Tonight 5-7 p.m.: Regular EYC, so come ready for some Jesus, some games, lots of fun and food!