Sunday Mornings: In the season after Epiphany, join our clergy as we explore the stories in our Women in Scripture series. How are we to receive their witness in the life of Jewish and Christian traditions? What might their stories teach us about God’s work in the world? Today at 10:00 a.m., the Rev. George Adamik will lead our discussion of Mary.
Wednesday Evenings: Our winter series, Spiritual Practices, will guide us through the basics of seven spiritual practices. Each session begins with a short video. This week, Mike Slaughter introduces “Worship: Seeking God’s Presence,” as we explore stories of faith experiences through ancient spiritual practices. Sessions begin at 7:00 p.m. in the youth wing.
For more information on Adult Formation, please see the page on St. Paul’s website and E-News.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends and loved ones be included on the prayer list, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, January 28, to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS
The Resilience Ministry is hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This ministry offers resources for individuals, families and communities to understand and then prevent or respond to the long-term effects of childhood adversity. Stop by the parish hall to learn more about this ministry and the important message they share.
Next week there will be a Parish Update in the Church following the 9:00 a.m. service. There will not be a formal coffee hour in the parish hall, but coffee will be served by the vestry in the narthex before the meeting.
New Acolyte Training session: Sunday January 27 at 12:30pm
Anyone from 4th grade through adults can serve as an acolyte. We are offering a new acolyte training session on Sunday 1/27 at 12:30pm in the sanctuary. Please see the following link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054bacab2ea5fb6-newacolyte
RAINBOW GATHERING is now meeting the third Sunday of each month, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. in the youth wing. Please join us on Sunday, January 20th when we welcome guest speaker Kori Hennessey from the LGBT Center of Raleigh. We have asked them to speak on LGBT youth in crisis, including outreach opportunities for the Rainbow Gathering and St. Paul’s entire congregation. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Andrea at email@example.com or text or call 919-348-9599.
WINTER MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the parish hall during coffee hour on February 3. Different ministries are highlighted at the three mini fairs each year. Here are some of the groups which will be on hand at this fair: Dorcas Ministries, Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Episcopal Farmworkers, Preschool, Ushers, and Wake County Sponsors.
• The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $1471.04 toward our $3000 goal!
• Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
• Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building.
• The 4th Annual Teddy Bear Tea will be held on February 2, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon in the parish hall. Hope you and your stuffed friends can join us! All are welcome!
• Communion Class (ages 1st grade and up) information is available in the weekly Children’s Ministries email. Please be sure to register your child and email Christine Ingram if you have any questions. Classes begin on Feb. 3, 2019.
• Youth Christian Formation: The lesson is entitled “Productive Worker: Enjoying Work.” Middle School meets in the youth wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
• Murder Mystery Rehearsal 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Meet in the parish hall and bring your script.
• EYC Tonight 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – Come for some learning, looking at your call to service, and play some games. Bring a flashlight (yes you can use for phone flashlight for this one). We’ll make sure there is time for scatterball and dinner!