No announcements insert and no refreshments planned for July 8.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
The Prayer Stitchers Ministry will be serving light refreshments in front of the church between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services today. This handiwork ministry – which includes knitting, crocheting, weaving, and quilting – welcomes adults, young people, and children as participants. They enjoy prayer and fellowship as they make items for persons in need.
There will be no refreshments next week. We hope you have a safe and happy Fourth of July holiday with family and friends.
Sunday Mornings: The NOOMA series of modern parables by Rob Bell begins this morning in the Youth Wing, following the 9:00 a.m. service. Get some lemonade and cookies, and join us for a short video, 10-14 minutes long, and informal discussion. You will have plenty of time to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday Evenings: The Adult Formation Committee will again share the BBC Series, A History of Christianity, hosted by Diarmaid MacCulloch at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The videos are an hour long. Anyone who wants to stay for informal discussion is welcome. The remaining episodes are:
⦁ July 11 – Catholicism: The Unpredictable Rise of Rome
⦁ July 18 – Orthodoxy: From Empire to Empire
⦁ July 25 – Reformation: The Individual Before God
⦁ August 1 – Protestantism: The Evangelical Explosion
⦁ August 8 – God in the Dock
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: “Welcoming in Christ” is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for July is “appreciation for lay leadership.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcoming in Christ – The Anniversary Capital Campaign
Architectural renderings of our parish goals for the capital campaign are on display in the narthex. The plans include significant repairs, a new Parish Hall, renovated kitchen, education building, and Chapel, and a location change to Kids’ Club. These improvements will create space for spiritual development, fellowship, and service. In early fall, we will celebrate our 60th anniversary – please take a moment to review our plans for our next 60 years!
The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach: Help Wanted! We need someone to manage the St. Paul’s Table, which sells handmade items donated by parishioners. We’d love to have you join us in raising money for outreach. If you’re interested and would like to know more, please contact Sally Moller, email@example.com.
PULSE MINISTRY: Guess Who’s Calling: Three times a year, the members of the Pulse Ministry will call parishioners to ask a couple of survey questions and jot down their responses. You may be one of these randomly selected parishioners! This is an awesome opportunity to share your opinion on two questions: (1) What do you like about St. Paul’s and (2) Are there any changes you would like to see in the services and/or programs at St. Paul’s. Often, we choose not to answer the phone if we do not recognize the phone number. If this occurs, Pulse members will leave a message stating that we are with St. Paul’s and have two questions about St. Paul’s that we would like your feedback on. Your responses can be anonymous if you choose. Only the clergy receive the information. It is valuable information in helping the clergy to detect trends and make positive adjustments for our wonderful community. Please return these calls!
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $187.76 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service. Please follow the cross processional following the Collect. Children’s Chapel will be on vacation July 8 and July 15.
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- Appalachia Service Project: Thank you to everyone who kept us in your prayers during our trip. We had amazing experiences and cannot wait to share them with the parish.
- Food Bank Volunteers: We are going to help at the Food Bank of Eastern NC on July 7th from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Space is limited, so sign up soon: https://bit.ly/2y6ZIl5.
- Shake It Up Sunday is July 15 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Come make milkshakes and play some games and have Compline together. We guarantee it to be fun!