COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Men’s Group will be serving light refreshments in front of the church between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services today. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and food for the Parish Picnic and Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
Sunday Mornings: The NOOMA series of modern parables by Rob Bell begins this morning in the Youth Wing, following the 9:00 a.m. service. Get some lemonade and cookies, and join us for a short video, 10-14 minutes long, and informal discussion. You will have plenty of time to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday Evenings: The Adult Formation Committee will again share the BBC Series, A History of Christianity, hosted by Diarmaid MacCulloch at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The videos are an hour long. Anyone who wants to stay for informal discussion is welcome.
⦁ July 18 – Orthodoxy: From Empire to Empire
⦁ July 25 – Reformation: The Individual Before God
⦁ August 1 – Protestantism: The Evangelical Explosion
⦁ August 8 – God in the Dock
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: “Welcoming in Christ” is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for July is “appreciation for lay leadership.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcoming in Christ – The Anniversary Capital Campaign, Volunteers Needed: We are looking for volunteers to stuff envelopes for the campaign, help set up a tour of our campus, tour facilitators, and volunteers to hand out sealed packets for the capital campaign on our anniversary. All volunteer sessions will occur at different times and for about an hour each. Thank you for all that you do for St. Paul’s! Link to sign up: https://bit.ly/2KMihkx or email Debra Mehta at email@example.com.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $208.41 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel is on vacation today, July 15. Church is still happening, and Kids’ Club is open! Children’s Chapel resumes on July 22…hope to see you there!
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- Appalachia Service Project: Thank you to everyone who kept us in your prayers during our trip. We had amazing experiences and cannot wait to share them with the parish.
- Shake It Up Sunday is tonight from 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Come make milkshakes and play some games and have Compline together. If the weather cooperates we’re going to play water games, so dress accordingly and bring a towel. You must wear shoes, so make sure they can get wet.