- Super Summer S(f)undays continue today at 10:10 a.m. Meet us on the playground to have an ice cream sandwich (in honor of National Ice Cream Day) and listen to the Parable of the Good Samaritan! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket has started over again. We are working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Collection. So far, we have collected $119.46 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s Chapel will be held only at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd grade. Immediately following the Collect, children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- We enjoyed our VBS week, sharing the Abundant Orchard with 86 children and over 50 volunteers! We also welcomed 20 visiting families. Thanks to everyone who volunteered!
- Children’s Bulletins, Crayon Packs, and Pipe Cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex. Nursery Care for babies and young children is also available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child. Sunday School is on vacation until September 10.
- Shake-It Up: Tonight from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Come enjoy milkshakes and games. Just come ready to have fun. We’ll meet in the Youth Wing.
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS IN JULY: The office is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The office will be closed on Fridays.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Newcomer Ministry will be serving refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Please stop by to find out about this important ministry of welcome. There are opportunities for greeters, bread bakers and deliverers, and telephone callers.
Next week refreshments will be provided by the Senior Ministry. This ministry offers social and educational activities for older adults and for children of older parents. Stop by to learn more about their upcoming activities.
ADULT FORMATION: Today, July 16, a brief film in the NOOMA series will be shown in the Youth Wing, followed by a discussion period, between the 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. services. These films explore real-life situation from a perspective of Jesus. All are welcome to attend.
The second session viewing and discussing The Shack will be held Wednesday, July 19, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The movie is based on William Paul Young’s best-selling book of the same name. Please join us even if you missed the first session.
Would you like to support Adult Formation offerings at St. Paul’s? We are looking for people willing to occasionally set up the coffee and cookies for the Sunday morning events. Training is provided. If you are interested, please contact Andrea Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-348-9599.
DORCAS MINISTRY NEWS: We welcome Linda Rudisill as a Tuesday volunteer in the Job Training Center. We collected 112 rolls of toilet paper for the Dorcas Food Pantry last Sunday for a total of 1,879 rolls collected this year. There is a permanent collection box located in the hallway outside the choir room. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or learning more about Dorcas Ministry, contact Nancy at email@example.com or call her at 919-467-8807. Thank you for supporting this ministry.
SOCK DRIVE FOR EPISCOPAL FARMWORKERS MINISTRY: The Youth are collecting new socks for the farmworkers in Eastern North Carolina. Socks are always needed – they get filthy with dirt and chemicals and don’t last the farmworkers very long. We have a collection bin in the hallway across from the music room. We’ll be collecting through the month of July and deliver them in early August.
NEW OPPORTUNITY: Are you curious about NCSU’s OLLI program? Linda Giles will explain the wide range of courses, study trips, and other special events available to adults 50 and older. She will also provide the latest catalog of offerings. Join us in the Youth Wing, Thursday evening, 7:00-9:00 pm, July 27. Bring a dessert-type snack to share. The Senior Ministry will provide beverages. Please RSVP to Jean Huey firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-303-5769 to RSVP and for transportation needs.
LIFT EVERY VOICE CONCERT: A fundraiser will be held at Church of the Nativity on July 20th at 7:00 p.m. Join us for a special evening of music and poetry from participants in the Diocesan event, Lift Every Voice. The choir will be comprised of youth and young adults from Botswana, South Africa and the U.S. This year Lift Every Voice is the culmination of a 3-year program to empower youth and young adults to address the many forms of racism and to seek justice and reconciliation. Leah Dail and Lydia Oliver from St. Paul’s are participating this year.
ALTAR GUILD: A new green altar frontal depicting the Tree of Life has been completed by Barbara Brickman & Jan Barbee for use during “Ordinary Time.” References to the tree of life are found throughout the Bible, especially Genesis, Proverbs, and Revelation. Thanks to these ladies for their beautiful work.