OFFICE HOURS: This week starting June 26th, the office will be open Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. The following week the office will be closed July 3, 4, and 5.
ADULT FORMATION: There will not be a film in the NOOMA series today. Next Sunday, July 9, a brief film, followed by a discussion period, will be shown in the Youth Wing between the 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. services. These films explore our world from a perspective of Jesus. All are welcome to attend.
BREAKFAST SOCIAL: The second monthly breakfast social event is this week, as usual, on the first Wednesday of the month. We’ll meet on Wednesday, July 5, from 9:00-10:00 AM at the iHOP on Kildaire Farm Road. No need to make a reservation; just show up. This event is sponsored by St. Paul’s Senior Ministry.
ALTAR GUILD: A new green altar frontal depicting the Tree of Life has been completed by Barbara Brickman & Jan Barbee for use during “Ordinary Time.” References to the tree of life are found throughout the Bible, especially Genesis, Proverbs, and Revelation. Thanks to these ladies for their beautiful work.
LIFT EVERY VOICE CONCERT: A fundraiser will be held at Church of the Nativity on July 20th at 7:00 p.m. Join us for a special evening of music and poetry from participants in the Diocesan event, Lift Every Voice. The choir will be comprised of youth and young adults from Botswana, South Africa and the U.S. This year Lift Every Voice is the culmination of a 3-year program to empower youth and young adults to address the many forms of racism and to seek justice and reconciliation. Leah Dail and Lydia Oliver from St. Paul’s are participating this year.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: There will be no refreshments following the 9:00 a.m. service this week. We hope you enjoy a safe and happy July Fourth holiday with family and friends.
Next week the Memorial Garden Ministry will be serving refreshments. This ministry works to provide a beautiful, spiritual space for the interment of ashes and the remembrance of family and friends. Please join them for snacks and to learn more about their special ministry.
- Super Summer S(f)undays and Children’s Chapel are on vacation today. See you next Sunday! Meet us on the playground to have a popsicle and decorate a rock for Raleigh Rocks! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is starting over again…we are working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Collection. So far, we have collected $100.58 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- We are looking forward to welcoming over 75 children and 35 volunteers to our July 10-14, 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Participant registration is closed, but we are still in need of youth and adult volunteers. Please contact Christine Ingram if you would like to volunteer.
- Children’s Bulletins, Crayon Packs and Pipe Cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex. Nursery Care for babies and young children is also available. Please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kid’s Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child. Sunday School is on vacation until Sept. 10.
- Sunday School or EYC for the summer. Stay tuned for special summer events.
- Appalachia Service Project: Please keep our 31 youth and 14 adults in your prayers as we travel to Avery County, NC to make homes there “warmer, safer, dryer.” This will be a transformational week for participants and homeowners alike. Thank you for all your support in making this mission trip possible.