COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Eucharistic Ministers and the Lectors will be serving refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 service today. Eucharistic Ministers are lay persons who assist the priest in administering the sacraments of holy communion. They may also take the sacraments to those who are ill or otherwise unable to attend services. Lectors read the lessons and lead the congregation in prayers at worship services.
Next week refreshments will be provided by Care and Share. This is an in-reach ministry where members of St. Paul’s respond to short-term needs of parishioners, such as providing visits, meals or transportation. Join them for snacks and to learn more about this compassionate and helpful ministry.
ADULT FORMATION: Today, a brief film in the NOOMA series will be shown in the Youth Wing, followed by a discussion period, between the 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. services. These films explore real-life situations from the perspective of Jesus. All are welcome to attend.
The fourth session viewing and discussing The Shack will be held Wednesday, August 2, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The movie is based on William Paul Young’s best-selling book of the same name. Please join us even if you missed sessions.
Would you like to support Adult Formation offerings at St. Paul’s? We are looking for people willing to occasionally set up the coffee and cookies for the Sunday morning events. Training is provided. If you are interested, please contact Andrea Johnson, email@example.com or 919-348-9599.
Youth Ministry Outdoor Movie Night: We have CANCEL but we are going to reschedule! Watch for a new date soon.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends and loved ones be included on the prayer list, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, August 7 to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
ARTS AND CRAFT FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 4, with proceeds going to Outreach. If you have new, handmade items to donate, please contact Gerri Antonides, email@example.com.
- Super Summer S(f)undays continue today at 10:10am! Meet us on the playground to make sidewalk S’mores! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is starting over again…we are working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Collection, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far we have collected $214.69 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, Nursery Care for babies and young children is also available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kid’s Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child.
YOUTH: Next Shake-It Up will be next Sunday, August 6th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Come enjoy milkshakes and games. Just come ready to have fun. We’ll meet in the Youth Wing.
Sock Drive for Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry: The Youth are collecting new socks for the farmworkers in Eastern North Carolina. Socks are always needed – they get filthy with dirt and chemicals and don’t last the farmworkers very long. We have a collection bin in the hallway across from the music room. We’ll be collecting through the month of July and deliver them in early August.