- Summer S(f)undays continue today at 10:10 a.m.! Meet us on the playground to share in the Parable of The Great Family and enjoy a piece of St. Paul’s Birthday cake! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is starting over again…we are working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Collection. So far, we have collected $48.98 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s Chapel will be held only at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect, children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- We are looking forward to welcoming over 70 children and 30 volunteers to our 2017 VBS, Abundance Orchard: Where Faith Grows! Participant registration is closed but we still need youth and adult volunteers. Please contact Christine Ingram at Christine.Ingram@stpaulscary.org if you would like to volunteer.
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs, and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex. Nursery care for babies and young children is also available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child. Sunday School is on vacation until Sept. 10.
- Sunday School: No classes, out of for the summer.
ADULT FORMATION: Beginning Sunday June 18th, in the Youth Wing between the 9:00 and 10:45 services a brief film in the NOOMA series will be shown, followed by a discussion period. These films explore our faith in everyday life . All are welcome to attend.
ALTAR GUILD: During our recent spring cleaning, the Altar Guild found four altar frontals that do not fit the altars in the sanctuary or the chapel. They are beautifully made with lovely embroidery on good-quality, heavy fabric in a variety of the seasonal colors of the church. They are about 4 feet wide by 3 feet. Does anyone know their history and how they came to be at St. Paul’s? Please contact Anne Babb at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have information. Pictures of the frontals are available in the newsletter both printed and on the website.
KIDS’ CLUB: Friendly reminder, please leave your cellphone on vibrate for texts during service. The nursery staff may need you to return for your child.
AMAZON SMILE: St. Paul’s is now an active charity on Amazon Smile where Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charities selected by the customer! Go to smile.amazon.com and when asked to select your charity, select “St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Cary, NC” (be sure not to select the St. Paul’s that includes the Diocese of NC in the title). Or, you can go directly to the St. Paul’s link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1327988. Happy Shopping!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Ushers are providing refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 service today. This ministry plays an important role in welcoming all who enter our doors. They greet people, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering, and assist the congregation at communion time.
Next week the Altar Guild and Pulse Committee will be providing refreshments. The Altar Guild plays an important behind-the-scenes role in preparing the altar for all regular and special worship services. The Pulse Committee contacts parishioners by phone for feedback on parish life. You are invited to stop by, enjoy some refreshments, and find out more about these opportunities to serve our parish.