COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
The Altar Guild and the Pulse Committee will be serving light refreshments in front of the church between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services today. The Altar Guild plays an important behind-the-scenes role in preparing the altar for all worship services. The Pulse Committee contacts parishioners by phone for feedback on parish life.
Next week the Prayer Stitchers will provide refreshments. This handiwork ministry – which includes knitting, crocheting, weaving, and quilting – welcomes adults, young people, and children as participants. They enjoy prayer and fellowship as they make items for persons in need.
Sunday Mornings: The NOOMA series of modern parables by Rob Bell begins this morning in the Youth Wing, following the 9:00 a.m. service. Get some lemonade and cookies, and join us for a short video, 10-14 minutes long, and informal discussion. You will have plenty of time to get to the 10:45 a.m. service.
Wednesday Evenings: The Adult Formation Committee will again share the BBC Series, A History of Christianity, hosted by Diarmaid MacCulloch. Episode 1, “The First Christianity,” is on June 27, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. The videos are an hour long. Anyone who wants to stay for informal discussion is welcome. The remaining episodes are:
⦁ July 11 – “Catholicism: The Unpredictable Rise of Rome”
⦁ July 18 – “Orthodoxy: From Empire to Empire”
⦁ July 25 – “Reformation: The Individual Before God”
⦁ August 1 – “Protestantism: The Evangelical Explosion”
⦁ August 8 – “God in the Dock”
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: “Welcoming in Christ” is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for June is “Clergy and Staff Leadership.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELCOMING IN CHRIST – The Anniversary Capital Campaign
Starting Sunday, June 24, architectural renderings of our parish goals for the capital campaign will be on display in the narthex. The plans include significant repairs, a new Parish Hall, renovated kitchen, education building, and Chapel, and a location change to Kids’ Club. These improvements will create space for spiritual development, fellowship, and service. In early fall, we will celebrate our 60th anniversary – please take a moment to review our plans for our next 60 years!
THE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL for Outreach: Help Wanted! We need someone to manage the St. Paul’s Table, which sells handmade items donated by parishioners. We’d love to have you join us in raising money for outreach. If you’re interested and would like to know more, please contact Sally Moller, email@example.com.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $124.52 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service. Please follow the cross processional following the Collect.
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- Middle School Mission Trip: Thank you to everyone who kept us in your prayers during our trip. We learned so much about farm workers and what we can do to help and support them. It was such a fun, spirit-filled trip.
- Appalachia Service Project: Please keep our group of 23 youth and 12 adults in your prayers as we travel to Fentress County, TN. We will be working to make homes warmer, safer, and drier and having lots of fun as we do it.
- Food Bank Volunteers: We are going to help at the Food Bank of Eastern NC on July 7th from 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. Space is limited, so sign up soon: https://bit.ly/2y6ZIl5.