YOUTH CONFIRMATION RETREAT MAY 17-18: We are having an overnight retreat for confirmation preparation this year. If you would like more information, please contact Leah at email@example.com. This is for youth 9th grade and above who have not yet been confirmed.
VBS NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: VBS needs leaders for several age groups – 4s, K, 1, 2, 3 and in the following rotations: Arts & Crafts (3), Games (1), and Snack (2). It is a rewarding experience! If you can help us June 17-21, please let Robin Brown know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENDOWMENT BOARD FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE: The St. Paul’s Endowment Board is delighted to announce that funds are available to further St. Paul’s outreach efforts and to continue to beautify our grounds. We are indebted to those generous donors who lovingly gave gifts to St. Paul’s. Now we need to ensure that their generosity is cherished and celebrated. If you have a great idea for using these funds for an outreach project (approximately $1400 available) or a grounds beautification project (approximately $1800 available), we would love to hear from you! Endowment Grant Request forms are available on the website, or email Katie Bricio at email@example.com. It is important to note that there are restrictions on exactly how these funds can be used. Please see the website for more information or ask Katie. Endowment Grant Request forms will be accepted through July 31, 2019.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Men’s Group is hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This group fosters fellowship while providing various service projects and activities for the parish, including Lobster Fest, Men’s Beach Week, and the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper.
Next week the Youth will be hosting coffee hour. Our Youth Program is a strong and integral part of our parish community, and its leaders generously offer their time to create an inviting, engaging, and inspirational environment for our youth.
Sunday Morning: Join us today, May 12, at 10:15 a.m. in the chapel as the Rev. Melanie Mudge leads a discussion on “Our Church: The Episcopal Church Now.”
Wednesday Evenings: Our Spring Wednesday evening series, Finding God with Emily Dickinson, continues May 15, 7‑8 p.m., in the youth wing. George Van Arnam, a retired pastoral counselor, leads this series through May 22. Materials are provided. Dickinson’s poems tell of coming near to God, and of doubt and loss. In the honesty and vivid imagery of her poems, many have found words that describe their own faith journeys.
SAVE THE DATE!
St. Paul’s Summer Solstice Soirée is planned for Bass Lake Park in Holly Springs on Friday, June 21, from 7:00 -10:00 p.m. Adults only. Relax with friends and enjoy the sunset on the lake.
- Children’s Chapel, for children ages 3-2nd grade, will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service.
- Note in the Pocket sort day is Sunday, June 9. We need lots of volunteers to help with this event. We are still working towards our $3000 goal and have raised $2,144.48 so far. Donations in the children’s little brown offering basket help us meet our goal.
- VBS: Register today…deadline is Sunday, May 19. Join us for this sports-themed week as we explore some FUNdamentals of our Faith with lessons from the sports field: teamwork, leadership, practice, patience, love of the game (and each other!). Forms are in the narthex and can be returned to the church office in person or via mail. This fun filled week takes place June 17th-21st.
- Happy Mother’s Day to all the fabulous moms and grandmas that help make Youth Ministry such a special place.
- Youth Christian Formation: There are no more classes until the fall.
- No EYC Tonight: Spend some special time with your mom.
- Youth Sunday Song Rehearsal Today 10:15-11:00 a.m. All youth are invited and encouraged to come to the youth wing to practice our music we’re singing on Youth Sunday, May 19th. There will be donuts!