Third Sunday of the Month — Intro to St. Paul’s: If you are new to St. Paul’s and would like to know more about our community, join a member of the clergy next Sunday at the baptismal font – just inside the main entryway to the church – at 10:15 a.m. for a short introduction to St. Paul’s and the Episcopal Church. We will take a brief tour of the church grounds and have plenty of time for questions and conversation. Plan to join us next Sunday.
ADULT FORMATION: Spiritual Practices in Daily Life, Sundays in the Chapel, 10:15-11:00 a.m. Join us as we continue to explore spiritual practices that you can take home with you, as well as how our Sunday worship informs what we can do on our daily walk with God and our neighbors. Today, the Rev. Javier Almendárez Bautista will lead the session, “The Lord’s Prayer.”
Half Truths: God Helps Those Who Help Themselves and Other Things the Bible Doesn’t Say, Wednesday evenings in the Youth Wing, 7:00 p.m. The Adult Formation Committee invites you to join us as we continue this five-part video and discussion series. The video, by Methodist pastor and author Adam Hamilton, questions the Biblical basis for five common statements and why Hamilton finds that each statement contains partial truth. This Wednesday, May 16, 2018, we’ll examine the fifth statement: “Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin.”
NEW PHOTO DIRETORY: In celebration of St. Paul’s upcoming 60th Anniversary, we have partnered with Lifetouch Portraits to create a new photo directory. The signup is available online at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/yclxe0ge/, and we will have individuals onsite this Sunday May 13th between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services to make appointments. The dates of the portrait sessions will be May 29th through June 2nd, and there will be some additional dates if needed. Each family / person that sits for a photo will receive a free 8×10 from Lifetouch. If you have any questions or would like to help with this fun exciting event, please contact Jill Cole at email@example.com or go to the St. Paul’s online signup link at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/yclxe0ge/.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Fellowship Events Team invites you to the Parish Hall during coffee hour today to enjoy strawberries and ice cream as a special Mother’s Day treat. Throughout the year, the Fellowship Events Team offers many opportunities to gather together for fun and fellowship.
Next week the Youth Committee will be hosting coffee hour. Our Youth Program is a strong and integral part of our parish community, and its leaders generously offer their time to create an inviting, engaging, and inspirational environment for our youth.
SENIOR MINISTRYArboretum Tour: Ready to enjoy a walk in a nationally acclaimed garden where the plants are especially adapted to our NC Piedmont climate? Come join the Senior Ministry for a docent-led tour at the JC Raulston Arboretum (4415 Beryl Rd, Raleigh) on May 17 at 10:30 a.m. The cost is a $5.00 donation, and parking is free. If you wish to carpool, meet at the church at 10:00 a.m. Following the tour, join us for lunch at Briggs in the Tryon Village Shopping Center. We plan on meeting there at noon. Lunch will be at your own expense. To RSVP via Sign-Up Genius, please go to the St. Paul’s website, or contact Jean Huey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-303-5769.
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: Welcoming in Christ is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for May is “Music and the Arts as Expression of Faith.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to email@example.com.
RESILIENCE: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS & THE SCIENCE OF HOPE: Join fellow parishioners on Sunday, June 3rd, in the sanctuary from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. to view and discuss this documentary. Food, childcare, and a great discussion with fellow parishioners will follow. The movie, dinner, discussion, and childcare are all free! BUT, you do need to pre-register!
Resilience is a powerful movie about the long-term effects of childhood trauma – as well as exciting approaches to preventing or modifying these effects. All adults are invited to attend this showing of Resilience. Immediately after the movie, there will be a light dinner in the Parish Hall for those adults who have pre-registered. (RSVP by May 30 at http://bit.ly/2KPSmVp. If you are unable to RSVP online, you can call the church office at 919-467-1477.) We will discuss both the movie, and whether there is an opportunity for a new ministry at St. Paul’s related to the information in Resilience.
Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS) is preparing two fall sessions: one for “Baby Moms” (infants through 5th graders) and one for “TNT Moms” (teens and tweens). The focus of MOMS is connection, support, and growth during the changes and challenges you will face on your motherhood journey. The groups will meet one evening per week for seven weeks starting in September and ending in October. See the website for more details as we get closer, and email Ann Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the interested list or with any questions. Attention MOMS Alumni: we will be calling on you for logistical support, so watch your email. Thanks!
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. We have collected $2388.92 toward our goal of $3000.00. We have 3 more Sundays to go…can you please help us make up the difference?
- Outreach at your back door! Join us on Sunday, June 3 at 10:10 a.m. in the Parish Hall for our Note in the Pocket Sort Day! This outreach event will last about one hour, and all ages and stages are welcome and needed! Please contact Christine Ingram to let her know if your family wants to participate. This is a great way to involve children of all ages in outreach!
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- VBS Registration is filling up! Registration forms are available in the Narthex and are due May 27, 2018. Adult and Youth Volunteers are needed, especially as Story Tellers and in the Snack Center. Please contact Christine Ingram if you can help.
- No Church School or EYC today – spend special time with your mom!
- Youth Sunday May 20th: Sign up to help at: https://bit.ly/2FX1kMV.
- Senior Sunday May 20. Please send future plans and 2 pictures (senior and kindergarten) to Leah at email@example.com by May 15.
- End-of-Year Church School Celebration May 20 at 10:15 a.m.: for HS and MS youth and teachers in the Youth Wing.