TK Food Drive: St. Paul’s Preschool Transitional Kindergarten class is hosting a food drive for the “Little Red Wagon” project at St. Paul’s which supports Urban Ministries one of St. Paul’s outreach groups. There is a complete list on the Urban ministries website, but most non-perishable items are welcome, especially healthier versions of the item. Please put your donations in the bins in the Parish Hall. The last day for the food drive will be Tuesday, November 21st. Thank you for your support!
2018 STEWARDSHIP – “Sharing God’s BLESSINGS”: St. Paul’s Stewardship Season is in full swing and pledges are coming in and moving us closer to our 10% budget growth goal! Pledge cards are available in the Narthex and the church office or you can pledge online through the St. Paul’s website. We will celebrate the conclusion of the Sharing God’s Blessings campaign with a Brunch in the Parish Hall on November 12, 2017 from 10:15am to 11:30am-all are welcome to attend! Everyone who turns in a pledge card by 10:00am on Nov. 12 will be entered into a drawing for a free night’s stay at the Mayton Inn in downtown Cary-with champagne and dinner included (a $750.00 value).
Week 2 Comparison 2016 to 2017 as of 10/28/17, the end of Week 2 of the Campaign
2016 Week Two (2017 Campaign) 2017 Week Two (2018 Campaign)
50 Pledges 115 Pledges
$160,935 pledged $397,248 pledged
$1,036,670 Total 2017 Budget $1,156,486 Total Current Proposed Budget Request
CALLING ALL VETERANS – Let us thank you for your service. If you have served or currently serve in the U.S. military, St. Paul’s would like to recognize you on November 12, the Sunday after Veterans Day, by listing your name, branch of service, and rank at separation in a special insert in the bulletin. Please email that information to email@example.com no later than November 3 to ensure that you are included.
LIFELONG LEARNING MINISTRY: “What to Do Instead of SCREAMING!!” is a workshop offering parents support and communication tips that can help us stay calm and clear as we help kids develop important life skills. The workshop will be Tues. Nov 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Chapel. RSVP to Jean S. Wittig, at firstname.lastname@example.org: if you need childcare, please contact Laura Gorman at Laura.Gorman@stpaulscary.org by November 3.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The annual Parish Meeting will be held in the church today following the 9:00 service. Please plan to attend this important meeting to elect Vestry members and to hear updates about our parish. In lieu of coffee hour in the Parish Hall, coffee will be served by the Vestry in the narthex before the meeting.
Next week the Veterans and Military Outreach (VMO) ministry will host coffee hour. One of their projects is Backpacks for Veterans, which seeks to provide basic items for homeless veterans who receive services at the Durham VA Medical Center. The VMO also works to highlight and support those currently serving in our military.
ADULT FORMATION: Sunday Forum: There is no Sunday Forum today as we will gather in the sanctuary for the St. Paul’s Annual Meeting. Join us on Sunday, November 12, when we continue.
Wednesday Study: November 8 and 15. Join the Rev. Javier Almendarez Bautista as we delve deeper into two core Christian practices: Reading scripture and sharing communion. We will explore these topics with the help of a video series, Tracts for Our Times, which features the Most Rev. Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, and Dr. Ellen Davis, Professor of Bible and Practical Theology at Duke Divinity School.
Adult Formation needs your help with setting up coffee hour. Minimal commitment one Sunday per month and training is available. Interested volunteers can contact Andrea Johnson at email@example.com or call/text 919-348-9599.
ASP FALL CHORE DAY NOVEMBER 11: Have a job at home that needs to get done? Need a garden mulched or yard raked? Need a garage cleaned? Let us help you! The youth of St. Paul’s are offering their services to raise money for their Appalachia Service Project (ASP) Mission Trip to Tennessee next summer. The ASP chore day will take place on Saturday, November 11 from 8:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. . To sign up for a work crew to come to your home or if you have more questions, contact Susannah Vitaglione at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-619-5103.
CARE & SHARE: Looking for a short-term, meaningful way to serve? Our inreach ministry, Care & Share supports members of our parish family who are in need with supportive services. Among the things we offer is transportation to church services and medical appointments. We are always looking for people willing to drive to medical appointments. To find out more, please contact Melinda Thomas at email@example.com.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. We have collected $739.40 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Sunday School continues today at 10:10 a m. in the Education Building. All are Welcome!
- Children’s Chapel for children age 3 through 2nd grade will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service. Immediately following the Collect children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing.
- Clergy Led Chapel for children in 3rd through 5th grade will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service. Please meet Father Javier at the door to the courtyard.
- Hurray for PJ Sunday! We are wearing our PJs in honor of the Daylight Savings Time change!
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, Nursery Care for babies and young children is available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child.
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: Turning the Other Cheek.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing. Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Advent Play Practice 4:00-5:00 p.m: Bring your script if you have one.
- EYC Tonight: We will be learning some “Energizers” – fun dance/song activities. Don’t you want to learn Star Trekkin’ and Revolution (among others)? Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Of course, there’s dinner and Scatterball!