MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: “Welcoming in Christ” is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for September is “Welcoming All and Seeking to Engage Each One.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to email@example.com.
Welcoming in Christ – The Anniversary Capital Campaign:
In September, you can look forward to:
⦁ Campaign testimonials both during services and on video on our website and social media.
⦁ Receiving a pledge packet on our 60th Anniversary celebration on September 16th (due October 14th)
⦁ A fundraising goal thermometer on display in the Narthex and Parish Hall.
⦁ Weekly raffles during coffee hours for those who have returned pledges – prizes include gift cards to Lugano Ristorante, Lucky 32, Cloer Family Vineyards and more.
You can also look forward to house parties! You are cordially invited to enjoy the fellowship of dedicated parishioners at house parties in September and October. Our campaign chairs will be there to answer questions. Space is limited. Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/yc56l8l2
The Seniors’ Ministry is sponsoring a visit to the Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Cathedral, 715 Nazareth Street, Raleigh, on September 27 at 1:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to join us. If you are interested, please respond by emailing Katie Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or via signup genius at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4cafa72ba20-holy by Sunday, September 23. There is parking onsite. Carpooling will be available from the church if requested.
Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event: Join us at a Rise Against Hunger (formerly Stop Hunger Now) Meal Packaging Event on October 14 from 10:00 a.m-12:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Go to http://events.stophungernow.org/StPaulsCary to make a donation and register yourself and family for this fun, educational, highly-impactful event. Questions? Contact Brooke Mautz or Ramsey McIntire at email@example.com.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Newcomer Ministry is hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 service today. Come join them for food and refreshments and to find out more about this important ministry. Visitors to St. Paul’s receive a loaf of homemade bread following their initial visit on Sunday morning. Perhaps you’d like to help by baking or delivering this special token of our welcome.
Next week come help celebrate St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary at a special brunch following the 10:00 service. There will be food and fun for all!
Lobster Fest is Saturday October 6, and we need your help to make it a successful day. The website is open at www.lobsterfestcary.org to purchase lobsters. Please help us advertise; flyers and business cards are ready for pick up after the service today. Please sign up to volunteer at www.stpaulscary.org/lobsterfestvolunteers/. If you have questions about tasks, contact Alana Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Mornings: Join us Sunday, September 23, at 10:15 a.m. in the chapel as we as we begin our fall series, Going Deeper—Ancient Teachings for a Vibrant Faith.
Wednesday Evenings: Wednesday evening adult formation kicks off at 7:00 p.m. on September 19 in the Youth Wing, with the series, Reclaiming Jesus: A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis.
For more information on our fall series, please see the brochure in the narthex, the Adult Formation section of the St. Paul’s website, and E-News.
Fall Book Group Begins in October
Please join us for dinner and discussion of “Race in a Post-Obama America — the Church Responds.” We will gather at St. Paul’s on October 7, 14, and 21 at 5:30 p.m. for a shared potluck supper followed by conversation on that week’s reading. Because space is limited, please sign up on the church website. Contact Andrea Johnson at email@example.com or Aleta McClenney at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Veteran Military Outreach (VMO) is collecting names of Veteran’s and Military members for special acknowledgement on Veteran’s Day in November. Please submit names and Branch of Service no later than October 31, 2018, to VMO@stpaulscary.org
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $329.85 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9am worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after The Collect.
- Sunday School starts today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building! See you there!
- We need just two more teachers to fill the Sunday School Teaching need-one for 3rd grade and one for 5th grade. Please let Christine Ingram know ASAP if you can join this wonderful Ministry!
- Pre-EYC (for 4th and 5th graders) kicks off on Sept. 23 at 11:15 a.m. Email Christine Ingram to register your child!
- Kickoff Today, September 9th: Mark your calendars for the start of our new programming year. Christian Formation will begin this morning from 10:15-11:00 a.m. (High School in Room 10, Middle School in the Youth Wing). Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) will kick off tonight from 4:00-7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing with special games, activities, and food. Parents (1 from each family) need to stay the first 30 minutes of EYC. Sign up for EYC at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-kickoff.
- Youth Registration Form: https://form.jotform.com/82118970270153. Please fill this out for each youth.
- ASP Ice Cream Social: Please join us after the 11:15 a.m. service on Sunday, September 30th. Thank you to all our Shareholders – everyone who has supported our youth through the Appalachia Service Project trip this year. Both youth and adults are excited about sharing stories and moments from their week in Tennessee. We look forward to seeing you.