Pumpkin Carving + Chili Cook-off + Carnival + Trunk or Treat= Fun!!!!
Last Minute Reminders:
It looks like the rain is supposed to disappear just in time for Pumpkin Carving/Chili Cookoff/Trunk or Treat/Youth Carnival! Woo Hoo!
- Bring your adorable children in costume
- Bring some cash for donations to the Youth Carnival (it is run on donations that go to Youth Missions Trips!)
- Bring your non-chip, non-dessert side dish or pot of chili to share (we are providing hot dogs, chips and cookies)
- If bringing chili, it needs to be in the Parish Hall at 5pm to be entered for the judging
- If you are carving a pumpkin, bring your carving tools and leave the seeds and guts at home 😊
- This event runs on a schedule….please arrive at 5pm-fashionable late doesn’t apply for this event. Carnival and giant slide open at 6pm.
Boo! It is time for Halloween fun! Please join us for our Annual Pumpkin Carving/Chili Cook-off on Sunday, October 29, 2017 from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. All ages and stages are welcome at this parish-wide event! Please bring your “gutless” pumpkin (remove seeds and pulp at home), carving tools, your adorable children (in costume, if desired), a pot of chili to be judged (optional, but prizes are awarded!) and a non-sweet side dish to share. Dessert will be provided. We will begin the carving at 5:00 PM, start judging chili at 5:15 PM (so be sure to have your pot in place), eat chili at 5:30 PM, light the pumpkins at 5:45 PM, and then start enjoying the youth festivities at 6:00 PM. Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes. This year’s youth activities include a carnival (all proceeds from the carnival go to Youth Ministry Missions) and Trunk or Treat!
We will also enjoy hot dogs, fixins’, chips and a sweet treat supplied by Children’s Ministries (don’t forget to bring a side item to share). Chili prizes will be awarded to the top chili recipes (spiciest, best vegetarian, most unusual and best all around), so dig through your recipe box and make your favorite chili! To make sure we have enough chili, we are asking all chili entrants to “pre-register” their recipe by emailing Christine Ingram (email@example.com) and saying “I am bringing chili”. Thank you!