Wow! I am sure your family is a lot like mine with TONS of end of school year and beginning of summer activities overlapping right now. There are also many things happening at St. Paul’s! This week’s email has A LOT of information-I did my best to simplify it all as best I could. Please read and respond if applicable to you!
- VBS Registration is due on May 27. That is less than two weeks away! PLEASE turn in your forms by May 27 as we will be ordering T-shirts on May 28 and if we don’t have your form, your child won’t receive a t-shirt. Registration forms are here.
- 5th Grade Families-we will be recognizing and “promoting” your children at the 9am service on June 3. Please let me know if your 5th grader will be in attendance on June 3-I try to provide a small gift for this promotion ceremony so please RSVP by May 27 so I can be sure to have a gift for your 5th grader.
- Also on June 3- Note in the Pocket Sort Day! Outreach at your back door! Join us on Sunday, June 3 at 10:10am in the Parish Hall for our Note in the Pocket Sort Day! This outreach event will last about one hour and all ages and stages are welcome and needed! Please contact Christine Ingram by May 27 to let her know if your family wants to participate. This is a great way to involve children of all ages in outreach!
- Also on June 3-EYC Pool Party for all Rising 6th graders! The Pool Party is 4-6pm at Cary Swim Club. Contact Leah Dail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Pizza served for dinner. Parents bring youth in to check in and come back in to pick up (you can stay if you want). Waivers need to be signed:
- St. Paul’s has arranged for a viewing of the movie Resilience. Join fellow parishioners on Sunday, June 3 from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. to view and discuss this documentary. Food, childcare, and a great discussion with fellow parishioners will follow. The movie, dinner, discussion, and childcare are all free! But, you do need to pre-register.
Resilience is a powerful movie about the long-term effects of childhood trauma, as well as exciting approaches to preventing or modifying these effects. All adults are invited to attend this showing of Resilience. Immediately after the movie, there will be alight dinner in the Parish Hall for host adults have pre-registered. (RSVP by May 30 at https://bit.ly/2wnNMun.) We will discuss both the movie, and whether there is an opportunity for a new ministry at St. Paul’s related to the information in Resilience. While Children’s Ministries is not organizing this event, I have seen this powerful movie and would recommend it to everyone.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. We have collected $2554.72 toward our goal of $3000.00. We have 2 more Sundays to go…can you please help us make up the difference?
|May. 27||VBS Forms Due/5th Grade Promotion RSVP Due/Note in the Pocket RSVP Due/No Children’s Chapel|
|June. 3||5th Grade Recognition/Note in the Pocket Sort Day/Resilience Screening/EYC Pool Party (rising 6th graders)|
|July. 8||No Children’s Chapel|
|July. 15||No Children’s Chapel|
|Aug. 19||No Children’s Chapel|
|Aug. 26||Backpack Blessings 9am Service|
|Sept. 9||Sunday School Resumes|
|Sept. 16||60th Anniversary Celebration|
|Sept. 23||Pre-EYC begins|
WOW! That is a lot and thank you for reading the entire email!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about Children’s Ministries!
See you on Sunday!
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish and Human Resources Administrator
Director of Children’s Ministries