I am going to take a quick moment to put on my Parish Administrator hat and remind you of a few Stewardship items.
Do you want a chance to win a night away from your children, but still be close by? All you have to do is turn in your pledge card (www.stpaulscary.org) online, in my hand, etc. by midnight on November 11, 2017 to be entered into a drawing for a FREE NIGHT AT THE MAYTON INN in downtown Cary, with champagne, a $200 voucher for dinner at the inn AND, a CD of St. Paul’s Choir, “A Babe is Born” to listen to on your way home! This is a $760 gift! (I wish I could win!!!!) Please consider turning in your pledge card by midnight this Saturday to be entered. We will draw the winner at the…
- STEWARDSHIP CELEBRATION BRUNCH-this Sunday, Nov. 12 from 10:00am to 11:30am in the Parish Hall. Even if you haven’t turned in a pledge card, please join your fellow parishioners for BRUNCH, catered by Nantucket, La Farm and Bojangles. We will be serving eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, fruit, pastries, coffee and juice. Children are welcome! Feel free to attend 9am worship, 10am Sunday School/Adult Education and drop by the Parish Hall at 11am and enjoy the tasty food. Or, if your schedule is tight, come by earlier! We will be serving food from 10am to 11:30am.
- We still have ONE unclaimed GOLDEN TICKET out there! Open your blue pledge envelope you received in the mail and see if you have a golden ticket. If you do, bring it to church on Sunday and find me and I will give you your box of tasty See’s Chocolates!
Back to Children’s Ministries!
Children’s Ministries News
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far we have collected $770.45 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Christmas Pageant Participation Forms are due Sunday for those that would like speaking parts (forms are attached to this email). The drawing for speaking parts will be held at 11am on Sunday. Turn in forms to Christine Ingram or Christa Magee.
- Reminder to Pre-EYC Families that we are volunteering at Note in the Pocket this Saturday, 11/11, from 9am to 11am
- Sunday School continues Sunday at 10:10am in the Education Building. All are Welcome!
- Children’s Chapel for children age 3 through 2nd grade will be held Sunday at the 9am service. Immediately following the Collect children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing.
Sunday School this Week
The Lesson is “Angels Come to Mary and Joseph.”
Summary: In the Gospel of Luke, the angel Gabriel comes to Mary, who is betrothed but not yet married to Joseph. Gabriel announces to Mary that she will conceive a son by the Holy Spirit and is to call him Jesus. The angel tells Mary of her son’s unique role in the salvation history of the people. Mary then goes to visit her cousin Elizabeth, who is pregnant with a son who will be known to us as John the Baptist. After visiting, Mary returns home singing praise to God in the famous song known as the Magnificat. In the Gospel of Matthew, Joseph receives a divine revelation from an angel who appears to him in a dream. Joseph is about to divorce Mary because of her pregnancy. In the dream, the angel tells Joseph, as he has already told Mary, that the son that she will bear will be the savior of their people. “You will name him Jesus, for he will save the people from their sins.”
Episcopal Thread: Look at Hymn 438 in the Hymnal 1982 (New York, NY: Church Publishing, 1985) for a beautiful rendition of the Song of Mary (Magnificat). The Magnificat is also an important part of our Morning and Evening Prayer. It is suggested for use after the Old Testament reading during Evening Prayer on Sundays, at Evening Prayer on all Feasts of our Lord and other Major Feasts, and at any time if only one reading is used.
Things to wonder with your children:
■■ What was our story about today?
■■ Who did we talk about?
■■ What did God do?
■■ What do we learn about God?
■■ How would we respond if God appeared to us?
See you on Sunday!
Christine Owens Ingram, SPHR
Parish Administrator and Director of Children’s Ministries
Children’s Ministries 2017 Calendar
|Nov. 11||Pre-EYC Sort at Note in the Pocket 9am-11am|
|Nov. 12||Draw for Pageant Parts/Stewardship Celebration Brunch|
|Nov. 26||Craft and Cookie Coffee Hour at 10:15am/No Sunday School|
|Dec. 10||St. Nicholas Sunday-Last Day of Sunday School for 2017|
|Dec. 15||Christmas Pageant Rehearsal for speaking parts 5:30-7:30pm|
|Dec. 16||Christmas Pageant Rehearsal for all 9am-12noon|
|Dec. 17||Christmas Pageant 9am Service and Hosting Coffee Hour/No Sunday School, No Children’s Chapel, No Pre-EYC|
|Dec. 24||Advent 4 service at 10am and Christmas Eve Services in the evening-4pm, 7:30pm, 10:30pm|
|Dec. 25||Christmas Day (10am Service)|
|Dec. 31||No Sunday School/No Children’s Chapel/No Pre-EYC|