Blood Drive-critical need. The next blood drive is scheduled for Saturday, Mar 29 9:00 AM to Noon. It has been a harsh winter and Rex Hospital has had to cancel quite a few of their blood drives. They are in desperate need of donors! Our registration has also been very slow and I encourage all who can donate to set aside a half hour of your time to help. Registration is easy and online at:
Please contact Brenda at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click here for St. Paul's Blood Drive webpage.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Rex Blood Services provides blood to not only our local hospitals but also Fort Bragg!
- Life can get busy and the thought of another appointment may make you turn away, but please remember this appointment will help someone fight their battle with cancer, save a baby's life or help a Mom who's been in a car accident.
- 25% of all Blood products are used to treat cancer patients.
- Approximately 60% of our population is eligible to give blood, but only 5% actually donates.
- Blood cannot be manufactured – except by the human body. Donors are the only source of this valuable resource!
- Your 15-minutes and one pint of blood may save up to 3 lives!!!!
- Every 3 seconds someone needs blood. 1 out of every 10 people entering a hospital will need blood.
Last Updated ( Saturday, 22 February 2014 )