St. Paul’s offers a wide range of opportunities for adult formation (adult education and spiritual growth). Our current Sunday morning and Wednesday evening offerings are shown below. Please refer to the home page for additional offerings and activities.
Sundays at 10:15 a.m. in the Chapel
Going Deeper – Ancient Teachings for a Vibrant Faith (Fall 2018)
The Christian Faith – in the teachings of Jesus, the letters of Paul, and the witness of the saints – has the potential to reshape our understanding of ourselves and the world around us. As we celebrate our 60th Anniversary as a Christian community in Cary, what might those ancient teachings mean for our Christian witness? How is God active in our ancient tradition as well as in the world today?
NOTE: Due to Hurricane Florence, there is some rescheduling…..
- Inviting Jesus into Your Heart: The Ancient Spirituality of the Enneagram of Personality – The Rev. Adrienne Koch (Sept 30)
- The Beatitudes, Part 1 – The Rev. George Adamik (Oct 7)
- The Beatitudes, Part 2 – Andrew Zawierucha (Oct 14)
- Paul, Missionary to the Gentiles: Understanding the Letters of Paul – Andrew Zawierucha (Oct 21)
- Saints Among Us: Pauli Murray – Barbara Lau, Director of the Pauli Murray Project (Oct 28)
- Annual Meeting – No Forum (Nov 4)
- Paul and the Christian Community – The Rev. Javier Almendárez-Bautista (Nov 11)
- Paul and the Roman Empire – The Rev. J. Carr Holland (Nov 18)
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing
Reclaiming Jesus: A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis (Fall 2018)
Questions we face are these: Who is Jesus Christ for us today? What does our loyalty to Christ, as disciples, require at this moment in our history? The Reclaiming Jesus Movement believes it is time to renew our theology of public discipleship and witness. During the 9 sessions, we will listen to and reflect on Jesus’ teachings. Who did God make you to be? How do we respect and serve others? What does it mean to treat others as we wish to be treated, even in disagreement and with differing values? This Bible study was developed by the Reclaiming Jesus movement that is supported by our own Bishop Curry and other prominent church leaders and theologians.
- Civil Discourse and Followers of Jesus (Sept 19)
- Jesus is Lord: A Confession of Faith in Time of Crisis (Sept 26)
- Made in God’s Image and Likeness (Oct 3)
- We are One Body (Oct 10)
- To Protect and Seek Justice (Oct 17)
- Truth Is Morally Central to Our Personal and Public Lives (Oct 24)
- No Session – Halloween (Oct 31)
- Christ’s Way of Leadership is Servanthood (Nov 7)
- Go into All Nations Making Disciples (Nov 14)
- No Session – Thanksgiving Eve (Nov 21)
- Change the World Through the Life and Love of Jesus Christ (Nov 28)