What's Happening at St. Paul's?
The Fellowship Events Team invites you to Una Serata Italiana, September 10 at 6:30 PM in the Parish Hall. An Italian evening includes a great dinner menu and fabulous live authentic Italian music. Join us for this special event of food, music, fun, and fellowship. A great way to start off the fall season! Tickets $15.00 per person go on sale August 14 – September 4 after the Sunday services. For more information contact Toni Holderied, firstname.lastname@example.org
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: T The The Senior Ministry is serving refreshments in front of the church following the 9:00 service today. This ministry offers social and educational opportunities for older adults and for children of older parents. Please stop by to learn more about their upcoming activities.
Next week the Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS) will be offering refreshments after the 9:00 service. MOMS is a special course which offers mothers a place to share the stresses, concerns and positive experiences that have influenced their spiritual growth.
PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS AND CULTURES TOGETHER: PACCT will not meet in August, the next meeting will be September 6th, 2016. For more information, please contact Andrea at 919-348-9599 or email@example.com.
THE FELLOWSHIP EVENTS TEAM invites you to
Una Serata Italiana on September 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. An Italian evening which includes a great dinner menu and fabulous live authentic Italian music. Join us for this special event of Food, Music, Fun and Fellowship. Tickets $15.00 per person and go on sale August 14-September 4 after the Sunday services. For more information, contact Toni Holderied 919-387-8225 or tholderied@gmail
THE WOMEN’S STUDY GROUP will meet on Tuesday, August 9th from 12-1:30 in the Bride’s Room to discuss Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan. From Amazon: ” a fascinating, provocative, and meticulously researched biography that challenges long-held assumptions about the man we know as Jesus of Nazareth.” We hope you can join us for wonderful discussion and fellowship. For more information, contact Leah Dail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends, loved ones or themselves be included on the prayer list, email the office at email@example.com or call the office at 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, August 8, 2016 to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
ADULT EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
Sunday: Today in the youth wing between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services, a film in the NOOMA series will be shown, followed by a discussion period. From the NOOMA series overview: “Jesus encouraged his listeners to search, to question, to wrestle with the implications of what he was saying and doing. He inspired, challenged, provoked, comforted, and invited people to be open to God’s work in this world. Wherever he went, Jesus started discussions about what matters most.” These films offer an invitation to us to search, question, and join the discussion.
Wednesday Night at the Movies: Wednesday in the youth wing at 7:00 p.m. one in a series of films will be shown based on the book, A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years. Narrated by Diarmaid MacCulloch, one of the world’s leading historians and Professor of the History of the Church at St. Cross College, Oxford University, the films take us to historical points of interest relevant to Christianity and Mr. MacCulloch discusses the evolution of the Christian faith and its four main forms: Orthodoxy, Oriental Christianity, Western Catholicism and Protestantism.
Join us on Wednesday evenings for enlightening, thought-proving films.
LOBSTER FEST: LobsterFest: Many hands make light work and your hands are needed to make LobsterFest 2016 a success. Please considering volunteering for one of the many tasks by going to the St. Paul’s Home Page and clicking on the link for the SignUpGenius for LobsterFest (www.stpaulscary.org/adults/lobster-fest-volunteers-needed). If you do not have computer access and would like to volunteer or you have questions, please contact Rob or Vickie Johnson. You may email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• “Shake It Up” Sundays – August 7 & 21: Come have a milkshake and play games together over the summer. We meet in the Youth Wing from
6:00 -8:00 p.m. Please email to let me know if you are coming (Leah.Dail@stpaulscary.org) so I have enough milkshake-making ingredients!
• Movie Night and Mission Trip Fundraiser August 20th: Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and come watch a movie (title TBD) outside on a big screen. Think drive-in without a car! It’s a family-friendly movie for a hot summer night. The screen will be set up in the courtyard. We will sell concessions (popcorn, candy, and drinks) and accept donations to go towards future mission or pilgrimage trips. The movie will run from 8:30-10:30 pm.
• Are you in touch with “What’s Happening?” If you are not receiving a weekly “What’s Happening in Children’s Ministries” email from Christine Ingram, you could be missing out on very important Children’s information. Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly distribution list and be the first to know Children’s information!
• Have you ever considered joining the Sunday School Teaching Ministry? If so, please act quickly as we have two spots remaining – one in 3rd grade and one in 4th grade! Sunday School teachers work in teams of three, so you have every 3rd Sunday off. The lessons are fun and easy and the children are delightful! You can learn so much by explaining Bible Stories to children. No prior teaching experience is not necessary, just a love of God and children! Please contact Christine Ingram to sign up or have your questions answered.
• Children’s Ministries is thrilled to announce the
June 2016 – May 2017 Children’s Collection beneficiary! Please join us in collecting for “A Note in the Pocket!” We have some wonderful plans, starting with the weekly collection, where we will aim to collect $3000 in order to host a “clothing sort” day in May 2017! In addition to collecting funds, we will also be collecting new and like-new clothing (any size/gender), and our first (new) socks and undies Sundays drive will be Sept. 11-Oct. 9.
• Children’s Chapel will continue at the 9:00 a.m. and
10:45 a.m. services all summer, with the exception of Labor Day weekend.
Many hands make light work! It takes MANY hands to make Lobster Fest a success. Please volunteer for one of the many tasks it takes to pull this off. CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER. For questions, please contact Rob Johnson (email@example.com) or Vickie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can only make the day a success with your help.
While you are enjoying summer’s bounty of fresh tomatoes and corn, the warm sands of NC beaches, a little heat and humidity (well, maybe more than a little) and all the fun of summer, that’s just a build-up to the “Rites of Fall:” football and LOBSTER FEST! We want to make sure you got the date on your calendar:
St. Paul’s Annual LOBSTER FEST, Saturday, October 1.