And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in its streets.
We won’t be playing in the streets, but we will be playing this weekend. Come join us for bowling with Pre-EYC. The details are below. There’s nothing like a little friendly competition and gutter balls to help you get to know one other better.
The other big news in Youth Ministry is our upcoming Murder Mystery Dinner on 3/9. We need you to do 2 things: 1) volunteer to help – both adults and youth, and 2) make a reservation to come and see it. The high school youth do such an amazing job it’s worth it to come see and support them, but it’s also fun trying to figure out who done it. And the food is delicious! Here’s the sign up for helping out – and yes, we need YOU: http://bit.ly/2IoH4KM.
Here is the youth news for the week:
- Sunday School: The lesson is entitled “In Relationships: Friendships.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Play Rehearsal Sunday 4-6 pm: This is a 2-hour rehearsal. Have your lines (through page 44) MEMORIZED!
- EYC Sunday 4-6 pm: Note the special time. It’s our annual bowling party with Pre-EYC at Buffaloe Lanes in Cary. Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2U58yXr by Saturday at noon. Bring $12 for bowling and shoe rental and extra for the snack bar if you want. No food will be served and no arcade games this trip.
- “Resilience” Sunday, March 3 12:30-3: St. Paul’s Resilience Ministry presents Resilience (the movie) with discussion to follow for adult volunteers in Youth and Outreach ministries. A light lunch will be available starting at noon. Child care will be provided. RSVP by Tuesday, February 25th. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c054aa4af2ca64-stpauls
- Dorcas Food Pantry Volunteers: St. Paul’s has been asked to supply 4 volunteers for the Dorcas Food Pantry on the 2nd and 4th Saturday from noon to 3 pm starting 3/9/2019 on an on-going basis. Youth ages 11-13 can serve with a parent; ages 13 and above can volunteer by themselves (an adult will be there). Volunteers will be responsible for assisting shoppers, receiving food pantry donations, and helping pack up groceries. You must attend a training session before you volunteer. Training will be available from 11:30 to noon at the Food Pantry on 3/9, 3/16, 3/23 and 3/30. Here is a link to the sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a45a4af29a13-stpauls
- Murder Mystery Dinner 3/9 6:30 pm: This year we will be performing “The Dead Man’s Chest.” Our mystery takes place in 1857 in New Orleans at a Mardi Gras Ball. We predict mayhem and murder will ensue. Come help discover who done it. Tickets are $20.00 per person and there will also be a wine cash bar. Proceeds will go towards Youth Mission trips. Please RSVP by 3/7/19 at: http://bit.ly/2IrH4K2. Please note: this is a new, corrected link.
Save The Date
- Confirmation Retreat for Youth: May 17-18, 2019: This will kick off our Confirmation preparation program this year. Confirmation is open to youth 9th grade and above who are not already confirmed. Details are still being developed but put this date on your calendars. There will also be a summer service component and a fall gathering right before confirmation. Confirmation will be on September 22nd. Registration information will be available soon.
I hope to see you Sunday.