Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers that support our youth community. Thank you for all your hard work, sacrifices, and love you give to your kids. Thank you for sending countless little prayers on behalf of your youth – and probably a number of big prayers too. Our youth community is stronger because of the faith you teach and model daily. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Read on for our end-of-year youth activities:
- No Sunday School or EYC Sunday: Spend some special time with your mom!
- Youth Sunday 5/20: Youth Sunday will be celebrated on May 20th at the 9:00 am service. Youth will be leading all aspects of the service and all youth are invited to participate! What a wonderful way to show our parish the gifts we have to share. No special training is required – it will be provided that Sunday. Please sign up at: https://bit.ly/2FX1kMV.
- Senior Sunday 5/20: We will also recognize our graduating high school seniors. I need 2 pictures of each graduating senior: A senior photo and a kindergarten pic. Please send them to me by 5/14. I also need the attached form filled out. Let me know if you can come to the 9:00 service on 5/20 so I can have your gift ready!
- Coffee Hour Host 5/20: In conjunction with Youth Sunday, we are hosting coffee hour. We need your help to make it successful. Please sign up at: https://bit.ly/2I8KiNS.
- End of Year Church School Celebration 5/20 10:15: HS and MS youth and teachers come on down to the Youth Wing to wrap the year up, have some treats, and make sure we thank the teachers properly.
- Pool Party 6/3 4-6 pm: We will end our year with a pool party (location to be determined), so go ahead and mark your calendars for this fun event. There will be dinner, games, and lots of fun!
- Middle School Mission Trip to the Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry 6/18-21: Come join us as we learn about the Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry and the migrant farmworker experience here in NC. Expect to find God in many unexpected places! There will be lots of fun, fellowship, learning, and service. We will end with a day of fun at the beach! This mission experience is open to rising 6th graders – 8th grade. The cost is $100.00. The registration form and non-refundable $25 deposit is due by June 3, 2018. Registration forms are attached and can be found on the Youth page of StPaulsCary.org. Scholarships are available.
Make sure you sign up and join in.
Youth Program Coordinator