Almighty God, you have knit together your elect in one communion
and fellowship in the mystical body of your Son Christ our Lord: Give
us grace so to follow your blessed saints in all virtuous and godly living,
that we may come to those ineffable joys that you have prepared for
those who truly love you; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you
and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen.
Today we celebrate All Saints’ Day, one of the seven Principal Feasts of the Church, so that we can remember the stories of the women and men who did something remarkable or extraordinary in the name of God. We also hold this day sacred to remind us that we are all saints, connected as the body of Christ, and we rejoice as we honor that connection today. As we learn more about these special people, we can discover ways that we can deepen our devotion to following the path behind Jesus. Come celebrate All Saints’ Sunday this week and tell someone how they are a saint in your life!
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- November 12 EYC: Put up the St. Nicholas Tree
- December 3, 4 pm: Advent Play, “Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
- December 17 EYC: Youth Christmas Party with White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Tuesdays 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, and 12/19: Advent Study 6-7 pm
- Sunday School: The lesson is entitled “Peace & Justice: Turning the Other Cheek.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC 11/5: We will be learning some “Energizers” – fun dance/song activities. Don’t you want to learn Star Trekkin’ and Revolution (among others)? Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Of course, there’s dinner and Scatterball!
- ***Advent Play Practice Sunday 4-5 pm: Bring your script if you have one and start memorizing those lines!
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator