Creator God, we ask you to calm the wind
and the waves of the approaching hurricane,
and spare those in its path from harm.
Help those who are in its way to reach safety.
Open our hearts in generosity to
all who need help in the coming days.
Please keep all the people in the path of Hurricane Michael in your prayers. May they all stay safe and have minimal damage and disruption.
- Lobster Fest Saturday, October 6th: Thank you to the 21 youth who helped make Lobsterfest happen. You all had warm smiles and great attitudes. That is faith in action my friends!
- Youth Christian Formation Sunday: The Middle School lesson today is entitled “Who Do I Want to Be: Guarding Your Heart.” High Schoolers will be helping with Rise Against Hunger, so wear clothes you can work in. Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in the Parish Hall.
- EYC Sunday 5-7 pm: Faithfulness – we will be working on Senior Luncheon and Carnival plans. Come, help us get ready. And play Scatterball of course!
- Senior Luncheon, October 21, 11 am-2 pm: We need everyone to pitch in – parents and youth – to make this a success. It’s a fun afternoon of food and fellowship. Here is the signup: https://bit.ly/2QGw2zI.
- Carnival, October 28, 3-9 pm: We set up and run games for the children of the parish; it’s lots of fun! But again, we’ll need you to help. Parents, we will need chaperone help. This year we’ve replaced Trunk or Treat with a “Carved Pumpkin Contest.” Bring your already carved pumpkin with its candle in it and we’ll set them up for display. Participants can vote (25¢/vote), which will decide the winners for the following categories: Scariest, Most Beautiful, and Most Creative. There will be prizes. But you have to help run the carnival too! Here’s the sign up: https://bit.ly/2A3pV32.
I hope to see you on Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator