My prayers are with everyone preparing for Hurricane Florence to make landfall. Hopefully folks have taken precautions and gotten ready as well as possible. I pray everyone stays safe, especially those that are most vulnerable. Here at St. Paul’s we have shifted a lot of the programming around, so please read below carefully, because a lot of events have shifted.
- 60th Anniversary Now 9/23: Our 60th Anniversary Celebration has been postponed to Sept. 23rd. Everything remains the same, except for the date. There will be services at 7:30 and 10 am, a special video presentation, and a catered brunch.
- No Youth Formation This Sunday.
- No EYC This Sunday.
- Lock in Saturday, September 22 – Sunday, September 23: Come at 6:00 on Saturday for our first lock in of the year. Eat dinner before you come. We are going to Kenny’s Corn Maze (https://www.kenskornycornmaze.com/) and coming back for snack, games, and sleep (really). Pick up is at 10:00 before the 60th Anniversary Service. Here are some things to note:
- Bring a snack to share
- An overnight permission form is required (good for entire year): https://bit.ly/2PyEscb
- We will need drivers to Corn Maze. Please contact Leah to help.
- Bring overnight gear (see attached packing list)
- Lobster Fest Saturday, October 6th: This is a parish-wide event and youth help is critical. It’s a little messy but we have a great time and make a lot of people happy during the day. Please sign up to help: http://www.stpaulscary.org/lobsterfestvolunteers/. Sign up by 10/1 so the organizers can plan.
Please be safe and keep praying for the safety of those affected by Florence.
Youth Program Coordinator