What’s twice as long as Advent and longer than Lent? First youth to tell me at EYC on Sunday gets a prize. Another prize to the youth who tells me the date of Pentecost this year.
I hope you all had a blessed Easter. We had a busy Holy Week here at St. Paul’s – services every day, a screening of the documentary “The Common Link” about Lebanon, a high school pilgrimage, the Bishop’s visit, and Confirmation. Eleven youth were Confirmed: Brenna Connors, Sarah Elam, William Fisher, Abby Geigerman, Win Geigerman, Elise Hubbard, Ashleigh June, Ashley Oliver, Lydia Oliver, Emily Schertz, and Caroline Sechler. Thank you to everyone who helped make Confirmation Coffee Hour so successful. We had quite the crowd.
Here’s the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS
Regular Sunday Events
- Sunday School: The lesson is entitled “Peace & Justice: Be Wise In What Is Good.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC 5-7 pm: TBD! We were going to go on a “Holy Hike” with Rev. Javier, but the weather doesn’t look like it’s going to cooperate for an outdoor activity. Javier and I are working on an alternate plan, so come to EYC ready for anything!
- High School Small Group 4/22 10 am: We’ll meet at Chanticleer Café & Bakery (6490 Tryon Rd, Cary) for coffee and conversation. Let me know if you’re coming.
- Middle School Girls Small Group “Just Us Girls” 5/1 & 5/8 6-7 pm: Please note the change in dates. We will meet together to talk about some topics that are specific to MS girls, do some journaling, watch some videos, and do some artwork/crafts. It will be a quiet, no-pressure time to get to know each other better and talk in a safe environment. No boys allowed! RSVP to me by 4/28.
- Middle School Boys Small Group “Who Am I?” 5/15 & 5/22 6-7 pm: This is a time just for MS boys to spend time together and do some creative exercises about who you are and where you want to go. It’s a no-stress, just-come-hang- out time. RSVP to me by 5/8.
- ASP Chore Day 5/6 8 am –12 pm: This event is for all youth, but especially for ASP youth. Come help with jobs requested by parishioners and have fun doing them! Contact Susannah Vitaglione to sign up (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- VBS Volunteers 7/10-14, 8 am -12 pm: It’s already time to think about helping at VBS. The theme this year is “Abundance Orchard.” You can help with centers or with groups of children and it’s a lot of fun. I’ve attached the registration form which is due by 5/15.
- Meal Signups: http://tinyurl.com/j3mtct5
I hope to see you Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator