Give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 30 Hour Famine weekend so successful. We made it the full 30 hours without eating! If you see any of these youth, see what they can tell you about the experience: Shelby, Ashley, Lydia, Emily, Andrew, Brenna, Ashleigh, William, Abby, Win, Sarah, Caroline, Jade, Kaela, and Elise. They were all awesome. We are still taking donations to World Vision through Sunday, so please help us feed hungry children around the world.
Here’s the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS
- Sunday School: The High Schoolers will go to Adult Formation in the Chapel to here Rev, Nita Byrd teach about “The Gospel and Race.” The Middle School lesson Sunday is entitled “Sibling Rivalry.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing.
- Confirmation Class: Class continues Sunday in the Curry Center during the education hour.
- EYC Sunday 5-7 pm: Unfortunately, Rabbi Edery of Beth Shalom is not able to be with us on Sunday. We will reschedule his visit. Instead we will have game night. Bring a game to share if you want.
- High School Small Group, Saturday 2/18 10-11:30 am: Come meet us at Chanticleer Cafe (6490 Tryon Rd., Cary) for fellowship and conversation. Let me know if you are coming by Friday night.
- Jewish Cultural Festival, Sunday 3/19 3-6 pm: If you want to learn more about the Jewish faith before our visit from Rabbi Edery, head on over to the Jewish Cultural Festival in downtown Cary (https://tinyurl.com/l5nkmtn). I will be there from 3:30-4:30, so let me know by Sunday at noon if you’re going too.
- Lenten Study, Tuesdays 3/21, 28, and 4/4, 6-7 pm: We’re looking at spiritual practices, based on the book The Art of Discipline. Next week will be meditation. Come learn some different ways to meditate during this Lenten season. We meet in the Youth Wing.
- ASP Spaghetti Dinner, 3/24 6-8 pm: This is a HUGE fundraiser for ASP, so ASP youth are expected to come and help. Other youth can help too. And families can come eat an awesome dinner and find out what ASP is all about. Contact Leah to help.
- Middle School Diocesan Event – Genesis 3/31-4/2: This is specially geared to the lives and concerns of middlers. It’s a fun weekend of small groups, games, music, energizers, Genesis Olympics, and worship. Sign up at: http://bit.ly/2kKj0l8.
- Senior Luncheon 4/2 11am – 2:30 pm: This is our annual luncheon to honor our senior parishioners. We need adult and youth help for cooking, prep, decorations, and waiting tables. We usually have around 60 guests (!), so we need EVERYONE to help. Sign up at: https://tinyurl.com/ltana99.
- Appalachia Service Project (ASP) June 25 – July 1, 2017: ASP provides one of the most rewarding structured service opportunities in the nation — bringing thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. There are limited spaces available for youth, rising 9th- graduating seniors. It’s a week of hard work, lots of fun and fellowship, and many, many God moments. No construction experience is necessary; on-the-job training is provided! More information or to sign up, contact Kevin Swann at email@example.com.
- Meal Signups: http://tinyurl.com/j3mtct5
See, just a few things going on. I hope to see at many of these events.
Youth Program Coordinator