Dear Parents and Youth,
Here’s the Youth News for this week and beyond! I hope many of you can join us for the end of year programming and then on into the summer.
- 5/20 HS Small Group (10 am): Chanticleer Bakery. RSVP by Friday 5/19.
- · 5/21 No Sunday School due to the Parish Picnic
- Parish Picnic (11am – 12:30pm)
- Car Care Class: Wheels4Hope is sponsoring a free, hands-on, basic car care class. It will be held in the St. Paul’s parking lot starting at 1:00 PM. Topics will include how to check fluids and tires, how to change a tire, car safety, interior and exterior care, using a maintenance schedule, and how to save money on car repair. If you are planning to go, please email Mike Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EYC is Game Night (5-7 pm)
- 5/28 No Sunday School or EYC (Memorial Day Weekend)
- 6/4 Youth Sunday 9:00 Service. Please sign up to help at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-youth2. We need LOTS of youth.
- Senior Sunday 9:00 Service: It’s our special time to recognize our graduation seniors. Please submit your information for the bulletin by 5/28. Contact me if you need a form.
- Youth Host Coffee Hour: We’ll all pitch in to serve cookies and lemonade.
- No Sunday School – EOY Celebration in the Youth Wing instead (10:15-11).
- Pool Party: All youth, including rising 6th graders come to Cary Swim Club for our EOY party (4-6 pm). RSVP by 6/1 and sign up for food & drinks at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-youth2 (same as Youth Sunday signup).
- 6/11 Shake it Up Sunday: Come for milkshakes and fun. (6-8 pm)
- 6/16-19 Middle School Mission Trip: The Middle School youth will be traveling to the Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry again this year. It will be a rich experience full of fun, fellowship, learning, and service. The cost is $100.00 which covers meals, transportation, and a day trip to Wrightsville Beach. The registration form and $25.00 non-refundable deposit is due by June 4th. The form can be found at https://goo.gl/Vi36Kb. If you have any questions, contact me.
- 6/25-7/1 ASP: This is our annual trip to the Appalachia region to repair homes. There are 2 youth spaces available if you can go. It’s fun and so worthwhile!
- 7/10-14 Vacation Bible School: There are LOTS of areas you can help with: age groups counselors, center volunteers (Science, Music, Games, Crafts, or Snacks) and decorations. The hours are 9 am – 12 pm. It’s a lot of fun and the VBS kids LOVE to have youth working with them. Contact Leah to sign up.
- 7/12 VBS Youth Lunch: Youth volunteers will meet for lunch together after VBS on Wednesday, 7/12 in the Youth Wing. Bring your lunch and drink (I will provide a dessert) and come fellowship with your fellow VBS youth co-workers.
- 7/16 Shake it Up Sunday: Come for milkshakes and fun. (6-8 pm)
- 7/25-28 Province Youth Event (PYE) – Humble Yourself: This is a Diocesan event for middle and high School Students in our Province. This year we will assist with the continued clean up and home repair in the aftermath from Hurricane Matthew in Lumberton, NC. We will also be learning about the Lumbee Indians in the area. The cost is $150 and registration can be found at http://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3172243.
- 8/6 Playground Parables: We are helping to teach the parable of the Road to Emmaus on the playground for the children of St. Paul’s. There will be more information closer to the date. Also, there will be popsicles!
- Shake it Up Sunday: Again, come for milkshakes and fun. (6-8 pm)
Youth Program Coordinator