Drought and heat snatch away the snow-waters;
That is only ½ of the above verse from Job, but it seems so appropriate to our NC weather this week that I left out the other ½ talking about Sheol (we can tackle that subject at another time). Literally from 1 degree to 71 degrees is less than a week! As a native North Carolinian, I can only counsel to hang on and try to enjoy this wild ride.
Though I enjoy snow, and actually pray for it a couple of times a year, I really missed seeing everyone on Sunday. I’m looking forward to Sunday – no bad weather is in the forecast. If you haven’t gotten involved in youth programming yet this school year, Sunday is a great time to start. The Christian Formation classes start over on Sunday morning and Sunday night at EYC we’ll just hang out and have fun together. It’s also a chance to hear about some of the things we have planned for the spring, so come join in.
Here the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS
- Sunday School: The lesson Sunday is entitled “Setting Priorities: A Time For Everything.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Play Rehearsal Sunday 4-5 pm: It’s time to start getting ready for our 2/11 performance. If you are in high school and want to take part, please come for this first meeting.
- EYC Sunday 5-7 pm: It’s been a while since we’ve been together, so tonight is a chance to catch up, talk about some current events, play some games, and break bread together. We’ll also talk about the spring schedule and all the awesome things God has in store for us!
- Upcoming Events
Kanuga Snowtubing Trip 1/27-29: We are going back to Kanuga and Moonshine Mountain to snowtube. This was a great trip last year. I will have registration materials on Sunday. The cost is $135 which includes lodging, meals, transportation, and snowtubing. The registration deadline is 1/16/17. This is the link to register: https://goo.gl/w6ONHn
- Bishop’s Ball 2/17-19: Registration is already open and the spots will fill up, so go ahead and sign up now: http://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3169952. This is a wonderful Diocesan event with workshops, games, music, a Stop Hunger Now service project, and the big dance. All our Bishops, plus the candidates for Bishop (including our Father George!!) will be there. Scholarships are available. Please don’t miss this event!
- Sunday School Teachers: We have an opening for a High School Teacher, especially during February and March. This is a wonderful way to get to know the youth better and be a part of their faith formation. The time commitment is minimal and the teaching team is wonderful. Please let me know if you are called to work with either high school or middle school. We can always use some extra people to sub too.
Meals Signups: http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0D49AFAA2FA7FB6-eycmeals
I hope to see you Sunday for beginning of lots of new, amazing things that God will be doing in and amongst us!
Youth Program Coordinator