I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
This afternoon I’m feeling very thankful and mightily blessed with all the abundant gifts of the ministry. Here’s a partial list of what I am thankful for:
- the fun/energetic/zany youth who fill me with amazement every time I am with them
- the parents who are faithful stewards of their children’s walk with Christ
- the wonderful staff and volunteers here at St. Paul’s who help spread the good news of Christ and work faithfully to be His hands and feet here on earth
- my family who puts up with my erratic hours and need for naps from time to time and love me and what I do
- all the wonderful resources and inspiration for my work with the youth
Maybe it was the Youth Committee meeting last night (those are some wonderful people to be thankful for!), or getting ready for Happening, or maybe it’s the grace of programs and people falling into place, but today I’m so appreciative of what we’re doing here at St. Paul’s. Thank you for all that you do to make this a place of love and spirit.
Here the youth news for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- !!! Special EYC 10/22: Elisa Benitez is a community organizer for Alerta Migratoria NC is coming to speak with us. She will be dispelling some of the myths surrounding immigration, as well as how people can best support undocumented community members. She is a graduate student at UNC-Charlotte and a former parishioner at El Buen Pastor in Durham. Parents, youth, and parishioners are invited. She will speak from 5-6 p.m. in the Youth Wing. Youth will stay for dinner and games, if there’s time.
- October 21: Gleaning 10 a.m.-12 p.m. We will be helping the Society of St. Andrews glean a local field. Where and what will be determined closer to the date so stay tuned.
- October 29: Carnival 3-8 p.m. The Carnival on Sunday is a BIG Youth Ministry event. It’s a fundraiser for our Middle School Mission trip to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry each summer. Children’s Ministry families first carve their pumpkins and then they come down to us for our Carnival and Trunk or Treat that we set up and run. It takes A LOT of help, so plan to be here at 3:00 for set up and stay through clean-up (by 8:00). Wear a costume if you’d like.
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: The First Shall Be Last.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- No EYC Sunday Evening: After a Diocesan event (see Happening below), we take the Sunday night off.
- *** Diocesan Event, Happening, 10/28-30: There are 10 St. Paul’s youth (and 1 adult) going to Happening, so keep us in your prayers over the weekend. Ask a youth about it when they get back – they’ll have great news of God in their lives!
- ***Advent Play Meeting 10/22 4 pm: We are starting our rehearsal for our play, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, on 10/22. We need you to sign up if you’re interested by 10/18. Here’s the sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-advent. The play will be performed on 12/3 at 4:00. Rehearsals will be every Sunday before EYC from 10/29 through 11/19 (4 rehearsals). If you have any questions, let me know.
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you at Gleaning on 10/21.
Youth Program Coordinator