Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you,
for the glory of God.
We’re off to a fun start in Youth Ministry: Sunday School and EYC (Episcopal Youth Community) are back in swing. We hope you will join us as we learn and play together, living out our faith in community. And did I mention fun? There’s always lots of that. If you’re new to Youth Ministry, new to St. Paul’s, just haven’t had the time to come, or you’re one of the “regulars,” I hope you can make space in your schedule and your heart for Youth events. We are stronger and more vibrant with ALL of God’s children and we want you to be here.
Here the youth news – there’s a lot, so keep reading! – for the week:
YOUTH MINISTRY NEWS !!!Action Required ***Time Sensitive
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Peace & Justice: In the Midst of Enemies.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC Sunday 5-7 pm: Welcome! Come tonight to talk and learn about immigration and our response as Christians to current events. Everyone start in the Youth Wing. Then the middle schoolers will go to the parish hall and the high schoolers will stay in the youth wing. We’ll all end in the parish hall for music, devotion, and dinner.
- Youth Calendar: for the year can be found on the youth page: http://www.stpaulscary.org/ministries/youth/. I’ve attached a one-page calendar for the fall – it will look great on your refrigerator. Sorry, but I can’t figure out how to delete the first blank page, so don’t print that one!
- !!! September 23-24: Lock-In. Nothing works better to get to know each other than a lock-in! Come at 6:00 Saturday 9/23. We’ll have dinner, play games, maybe watch a movie, sleep in the Chapel, and then go to church (at 7:30!!) together. Parents, pick up your youth by 9:00 please. You’ll need a sleeping bag, air mattress or sleeping pad, PJ’s, toiletries, and church clothes. Come have lots of overnight fun with us. Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-youth3.
- *** Diocesan Event, Happening, 10/13-15: Happening is designed for young people in grades 9-12. A powerful, youth-led weekend, which builds on the teachings from Confirmation and provides space for personal renewal of one’s relationship to Jesus Christ. Such an awesome weekend! Register at http://www.dionc.org/digital_faith/events/3174711.
- !!! Lobster Fest Volunteers, Saturday, October 7, 10:00-2:00: This is a huge parish-wide fundraiser and youth help is integral to making the day run smoothly. Please sign up for a shift at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-lobster1. We have lots of fun; the lobsters, not so much.
- Meal Sign Ups: We rely on parents to feed the youth on Sunday nights at EYC. Dinner is one of their favorite parts of the evening. Please sign up to help throughout the semester (at least 3 sign-ups per semester): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-eycmeals1.
- Forms: Here are the links for on-line version of Youth Ministry forms. I need them for every youth and adult volunteer.
- Youth Info: https://goo.gl/LCfVx9
- Youth Medical Form: https://goo.gl/Lmda7q
- Youth Media Release: https://goo.gl/Q3Cfdp
- Youth Covenant: https://goo.gl/Y7vhm6
- Adult Volunteer Info: https://goo.gl/9LUHFh
- Adult Volunteer Medical Form: https://goo.gl/TxUxmw
- Adult Volunteer Media Release: https://goo.gl/VZSior
- Adult Volunteer Covenant: https://goo.gl/rw47ed
Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope to see you on Sunday.
Youth Program Coordinator