It was a tie! George and Cathy each collected $590 for a total of $1180. Thank you so much to those of you who contributed to the competition. Come to this Sunday’s 10:00 AM service and picnic and see the competition’s completion: George will be wearing his Red Sox gear and Cathy will be wearing her Patriots gear (under much protest!) J. And remember, it is George’s birthday, too!
The Refuge for Refugees Ministry will have a training session on Tuesday, July 12 at 6:30 PM in the Youth Wing. The training will be given by a member from USCRI, the organization that Refuge for Refugees partners with in placing and supporting refugee families. Learn what services USCRI provides and how our ministry can best serve and support the families that we welcome. If Kids’ Club is needed, contact Andrew Zawierucha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Paul’s is a very busy place – so many activities, classes, outreach opportunities, and an overwhelming desire to serve others. One family has been so inspired by the energy and spirit at St. Paul’s that they wanted to give an opportunity for others to join them in a special giving campaign. UPDATE: This family has offered to match, dollar for dollar, all donations made up through June 5, 2016, up to $15,000. Continue reading to learn how to have your gift matched….Continue reading
The Nominating Committee for Bishop of The Diocese of North Carolina has published the nominating profile along with information about making nominations. The deadline for nominations is Friday, July 8, 2016. Click HERE for Please Note, Special Edition, Jul 5, 2016 Continue reading for more on the search for our new bishop….Continue reading
PARISH PICNIC: Annual Parish Picnic – June 5th.
Immediately following a special 10:00 a.m. service.
Special feature – a giant waterslide for kids!
SPECIAL NOTES FOR REV. DR. CATHY: The vestry is offering an opportunity for parishioners to write notes to Rev. Dr. Cathy as she transitions to her new role at the Diocese. Note cards will be available in the narthex (as well as a place to leave the notes). Please take a moment to thank Rev. Dr. Cathy for her service to St. Paul’s as well as send her off with well wishes.
MAKE A MATCH IN MAY:
Join the May Match campaign! Thank you so much to the families that have contributed $10,455 toward the May Match. Our dollar for dollar match donor is thrilled and thankful for these gifts and has increased their match offering to $15,000! All money donated to this “May Match” will go to further fund the Ministries and Missions of St. Paul’s. Please keep in mind that these donations should be above normal giving and should not replace a normal monthly pledge payment. To donate to the “May Match” opportunity, simply write “May Match” in the check memo line. The deadline for May Match contributions is June 6, 2016.
GEORGE AND CATHY: A PICNIC CONTEST: LAST DAY FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
Rev. George and Rev. Dr. Cathy are having a contest for the St. Paul’s Picnic on June 5 (which is also George’s birthday)! For the contest we are collecting donations for either George or Cathy, and the priest with the most donations collected by May 28 will have to wear either Red Sox gear (for George who doesn’t like the Red Sox) or Patriots Gear (for Cathy who REALLY doesn’t like the Patriots). All funds collected go to the ministries and missions of St. Paul’s. Donations are collected in jars in the parish hall each Sunday during Coffee Hour…find the table with the balloons and gear. So far George has collected $463 and Cathy has collected $451. In the case of a tie on picnic Sunday, BOTH priests will wear their gear!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: There will be no coffee hour due to the Memorial Day Weekend.
TRANSPORTATION NEEDS: St. Paul’s has a longstanding tradition of providing transportation to those in need. Care and Share helps with coordinating transportation to both appointments and Sunday services. Currently, we have need of transportation to and from the 9:00 a.m. service. If you are able to help, please contact: Kittied45@gmail.com or email@example.com.
ST. PAUL’S YARD SALE: The St. Paul’s Yard Sale has been cancelled. Please keep an eye on the bulletin to see if this event is rescheduled for the fall.
ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL for Outreach is scheduled for Saturday, November 12, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and we need you! We need help to make this year’s event a success. The festival committee needs two more committee members, one to take charge of publicity, and one for a new position that we’re calling facilities coordinator. It’s a fun event, for a very good cause, and we have a great group, but we’re looking for more wonderful volunteers. For full information, please contact Sally Moller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFUGE FOR REFUGEES: St. Paul’s will be sponsoring another refugee family sometime in the middle of June. We are told that it will be a family of 5-6 people, and David Hatch has agreed to head up the team supporting this family. How can help? Check out these two Sign-Up-Genius lists to find ways that you can assist. The first list is for volunteer opportunities: we need people to clean the apartment when it comes available, and we need movers! There are other opportunities, as well. Sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080849acae1-summer. If you have furniture or other household items to donate, go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080849acae1-summer1. We already have many of the items that we will need – you, the St. Paul’s community, donated them when our first family arrived in February and your generosity exceeded the needs of the first family, so we saved the donations until now. Thank you for your loving kindness: St. Paul’s people are the best!
• Children’s Ministries is on vacation today. We will see you next week at the Picnic!
• Children’s Ministries is thrilled to announce the June 2016-May 2017 Children’s Collection beneficiary! Please join us in collecting for “A Note in the Pocket!” A Note in the Pocket provides new and like new clothing to children in need in Wake County. In addition to collecting funds, we will also be collecting new and like-new clothing and participating in clothing sorts a couple of times a year. And, we will also have a few “Socks and Undies Sundays!” Stay tuned for additional information about how you and your children can help with this new opportunity.
• Heroes and Villains Vacation Bible School participant and volunteer registration forms are available in the narthex and the Ed. Bldg. Please join us for the daytime or evening sessions June 20-24, 2016. Forms are due TODAY!
• Want to play on a GIANT, INFLATABLE WATER SLIDE? Come to the St. Paul’s Picnic on June 5! Attend the 10:00 a.m. service, bring a non-dessert side dish to share, wear your bathing suit under your casual church clothes, bring a towel, grab a bite to eat, and then come play! Hope to see you there! Adults can slide too!
• Sunday School: Classes are out for the summer!
• No EYC Today: Enjoy your memorial Day weekend.
• End of Year EYC Pool Party June 5from 4-7 p.m: Join us for an evening of fun and fellowship. We will swim, eat, and maybe show off some cannonball skills! It’s also a chance to welcome the rising 6th graders and show them what an awesome group we are. The party will be at Cary Swim Club (536 Walnut St., Cary) from 4-7 p.m. Parents of 5th graders, please come and sign your child in. Then you can stay if you want – or not. Just make sure to come back and get them!
• Middle School Mission Trip June 12-15: Any youth, rising 6th-8th grade, can come to the Episcopal Farmworker’s Ministry in Newton Grove again this year. It will be a rich experience full of fun, fellowship, learning, and service. The cost is $100.00 which covers meals, transportation, and a day trip to Wrightsville Beach. The registration form is due by June 1 and can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84bR-wxsdiFdlZpQ3RnRTl3QXM/view?usp=sharing. Contact Leah with questions or for more information.