Read about Adult Formation in the December/January Newsletter, pages 12, and 13. What we used to refer to as “adult education and spiritual development,” we are now calling Adult Formation or Faith Formation.
Sunday Adult Formation: in the Chapel from 10:15 – 11:00 AM: Scripture and Formation series. Coffee will be available in the Chapel Narthex before class.
A series entitled “Advent: O Antiphons” will continue. We will use the hymn “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” and its roots in the “O Antiphons” to study the theology of Jesus – what theologians call Christology. We will seek ways of understanding the meaning of Jesus through the lens of prophetic hope.
- Dec 4: “Root of Jesse / Key of David,” led by the Reverend Javier Almendárez Bautista.
- Dec 11: “Rising Dawn / King of Gentiles / Emmanuel,” led by the Rev. George Adamik.
- Jan 2017: “The Prophetic Voices Of Scripture”
Wednesday Advent Series: On Wednesdays, December 7 and 14, from 7:00 – 8:00 PM, in the Youth Wing, join the Rev. Javier E. Almendárez Bautista for the Advent series entitled “Prepare the Way: Prayer and Expectation.” In these Wednesday evening sessions through the Advent season, we will spend time in prayer and reflection on how prayer impacts our daily lives and what it means to welcome God’s hope into our lives.
Click HERE for a PDF of the Fall/Winter Adult Formation brochure.
Read about Lifelong Learning, a new ministry at St. Paul’s.
COFFEE HOUR SCHEDULE
Dec 4: Altar Guild
Dec 11: Children’s Ministries / Fellowship
Dec 18: Stay at Home Parents
Dec 25: No Coffee Hour (Christmas Day)
ONGOING ADULT EDUCATION
- Women’s Study Group, 2nd Tues, 12:00-1:30, Cry Room. See October Newsletter, page 4
- Julian Gathering, 2nd & 4th Wed, 9:15 AM, Cry Room
- People of all Colors and Cultures Together, 1st Tues, 7:00 PM, Youth Wing
- Centering Prayer, Cary Presbyterian Church, 9:00 AM on Fridays
CURSILLO WEEKEND JUNE 8-11, 2017
If you are looking for something more in your spiritual life, or if you need a “kick-start,” you may want to attend the next Cursillo Weekend being conducted here at St. Paul’s, June 8-11, 2017. Cursillo is a spiritual renewal ministry in the Episcopal Church for men and women. For more information about this Cursillo Weekend, please contact Rev. Candy Snively at 919-380-7101 or email@example.com. Also check out the Cursillo website at nccursillo.org.