Appalachia Service Project (ASP) is a home repair ministry to needy families of Central Appalachia. Youth and adult participants grow spiritually, gain self confidence, and build and bridge communities. Real, honest work and relationship building are part of the experience.
Volunteers must prepare lunches and water coolers for the day, they spend several hours a day at their work site with their team, and then they have chores to do to maintain the center or help with dinner when they return from their work site. The hours spent at the site provide needed time for repairs, as well as necessary time to build relationships with their family and with each other.
Evenings are spent in fellowship and learning about the Appalachian culture. ASP can truly be a life-changing experience. Adult chaperons have not only been blown away by the experience of helping the families of Appalachia, but by the incredible dedication of the young people who participate.
If you are interested in going on the ASP 2019 Trip, contact Kevin Swann by filling out the ASP Inquiry Form
Contact: Kevin Swann: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASP 2019 Trip – June 23 – 29, 2019. Destination: McCreary County, KY (Info Sheet) McCreary Facebook
- ASP Fundraiser Dates:
- ASP Spaghetti Dinner – March 22, 2019 6 – 8PM. Setup at 5:00PM; get there early. Sign Up at ASP Spaghetti Dinner
- ASP Spring Chore Day – May 11, 2019 8AM – 12PM, Arrive at 7:30AM
- Appalachia Service Project Day – March 17, 2019. Listen to the Homily by Drew Bradley and Izzie Hirschy. ASP Homily
- ASP Orientation Day – TBD
- Van Packing – June 22, 2019 9:30 – 10:30AM (Adult volunteers meet at 8AM to get the work van’s
Forms and Documentation Links:
Prior ASP Trips:
Here are photos of prior ASP trips: ASP Photo Galleries
Miscellaneous articles and links:
For more information about the ASP organization, go to www.asphome.org.
Want to know more about construction? www.doityourself.com