PRESCHOOL: Looking for a Preschool Home? Come join us at St. Paul’s Preschool. We have spots available in our one-year-old class, 3 day three-year old class, 5 day four-year-old class and TK (Transitional Kindergarten class. Please call the Preschool Office (919-467-3788) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Come Love, Laugh, Learn with us!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Vestry is presenting a Parish Quarterly Update in the church following the 9:00 service today. Please plan to attend to hear about exciting plans for the upcoming program year. Ice water and lemonade will be available in the narthex before the meeting.
The End-of-Summer Ministry Fair will take place next Sunday in the parish hall. There are three mini fairs yearly, and each one highlights different ministries. A few of the groups present at this fair will include: Adult Education Committee, Arts and Crafts Festival for Outreach, Newcomer Ministry, Pulse Committee, Rainbow Gathering, Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network, and Youth Ministry.
PEOPLE OF ALL COLORS AND CULTURES TOGETHER: PACCT will not meet in August, the next meeting will be September 6th, 2016. For more information, please contact Andrea at 919-348-9599 or email@example.com.
CARYING PLACE: Paul’s is a sponsor of the 9th Annual Race for Home thanks to a generous sponsorship donation from a parish family. The Race for Home takes place on Labor Day, September 5, with gates opening at 7 a.m. for a 10K, 5K, and Fun Mile. It benefits the Carying Place, a local non-profit working with homeless families to help them develop life skills while providing short-term housing and support. St. Paul’s is engaged in this good work through our St. Nicholas ministry, Prayer Stitchers, and our support of Dorcas Ministries. Since St. Paul’s is a sponsor, all members of our community can participate for free! More information is available at https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Cary/CaryingPlaceRace. On the final registration page, participants should enter coupon code StPaulsSponsor. Thanks to our gracious parish donors and to everyone who will walk, run, and have fun together on September 5!
END-OF-SUMMER MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the parish hall during coffee hour on August 28. All are welcome! This will be a kid-friendly event; children can earn a prize for their participation. Stop by and check out great opportunities to get involved including: Adult Education Committee, Arts and Crafts Festival for Outreach, Newcomer Ministry, Pulse Committee, Rainbow Gathering, Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network, Youth Ministry, and many more!
STOP HUNGER NOW: Oct. 9
We have another wonderful opportunity to pack meals with Stop Hunger Now coming soon. We need about 70 volunteers to make this a successful event. The event is Sunday, October 9th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the parish hall. We will be packaging 13,000 meals. For those of you new to Stop Hunger Now, this is a multi-generational ministry that packs meals to be shipped both outside and within the US. addressing hunger needs to those affected by natural disasters, poverty and war. One of the primary recipients of SHN meals are schools where there is a feeding program and as a result many more female children are attending school and thus getting an education on a global level. Contact Glenda Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
THE FELLOWSHIP EVENTS TEAM invites you to
Una Serata Italiana on September 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. An Italian evening which includes a great dinner menu and fabulous live authentic Italian music. Join us for this special event of Food, Music, Fun and Fellowship. Tickets $15.00 per person and go on sale August 14-September 4 after the Sunday services. For more information, contact Toni Holderied 919-387-8225 or tholderied@gmail
LOBSTER FEST: LobsterFest: Many hands make light work and your hands are needed to make LobsterFest 2016 a success. Please considering volunteering for one of the many tasks by going to the St. Paul’s Home Page and clicking on the link for the SignUpGenius for LobsterFest (www.stpaulscary.org/adults/lobster-fest-volunteers-needed). If you do not have computer access and would like to volunteer or you have questions, please contact Rob or Vickie Johnson at either 919-357-2090 (Rob) or 919-201-2503 (Vickie). You may also email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH WORK DAY: Please join us on September 24th for our next volunteer work day! Our buildings are due for a bit of maintenance and ‘TLC’. We will need help with painting, washing, replacing, installing, removing, and even de-greasing around campus! We will meet in the parish hall 9 a.m. and will be working for most of the day. Please feel free to come as you are able. For additional information or to offer up specific talents/resources, please contact Brent Hauser at336-407-3285 or at email@example.com.
“Shake It Up” Sundays – August 21: Come have a milkshake and play games together over the summer. We meet in the Youth Wing from 6:00 -8:00 p.m. Please email to let me know if you are coming (Leah.Dail@stpaulscary.org) so I have enough milkshake-making ingredients!
• Be in touch with “What’s Happening!” If you are not receiving a weekly “What’s Happening in Children’s Ministries” email from Christine Ingram, you could be missing out on very important Children’s information. Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly distribution list and be the first to know Children’s information!
• Are you ready for Sept. 11? Children’s Ministries can’t wait to welcome back all children to Sunday School! Please join us on Sept. 11 at 10:15am in the Education Building. Class assignments are determined by age and class locations are posted above the classroom doors. See you soon!!!
• Please start collecting new Socks and Undies for our first Socks and Undies Sundays for Note in the Pocket, scheduled for Sept. 11-Oct. 9. We are collecting new socks and undies-any gender, any size-for children in need in Wake County. Look for sales and clearance items! Note in the Pocket will also accept new and like-new clothing and shoes (any size /gender)-bring those for our collection bin too!
• Have you ever considered joining the Sunday School Teaching Ministry? If so, please act quickly as we have only one remaining spot in 4th grade! Sunday School teachers work in teams of three, so you have every 3rd Sunday off. The lessons are fun and easy and the children are delightful! You can learn so much by explaining Bible Stories to children-but prior teaching experience is not necessary…just a love of God and children! Please contact Christine Ingram to sign up or have your questions answered.
• Children’s Chapel will continue at the 9am and 10:45am services all summer, with the exception of Labor Day weekend!