Scout Sunday February 28th
St. Paul’s will again be recognizing the citizenship and volunteer efforts of all Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Cub Scouts at the 9:00 a.m. service. On Scout Sunday, all scouts will have the ability to participate in the service as greeters, ushers, or lectors. Please email Kathleen Neff, Kathleen@trioptimum.com if you have a scout that is interested in participating in the service.
ADULT EDUCATION: All are welcome to attend forums in the Chapel on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services. Today we welcome guest speaker Imam Shakil Ahmed, Imam of the Islamic Association of Cary, for a forum about Islam. Join us for this opportunity to learn from a local faith leader about one of the world’s major religions. Next Sunday’s forum is entitled, “Everything you always wanted to know about confirmation, reception, and reaffirmation, but were afraid to ask,” led by our clergy.
REFUGE FOR REFUGEES: Thank you to the many St. Paul’s parishioners who donated items to furnish an apartment for our first refugee family which is due to arrive on February 25th.
“CONVERSATION AND COMMUNITY” a small group discussion opportunity uses selections from Brian McLaren’s book, We Make the Road by Walking, to facilitate spiritually focused conversation and to foster friendships. Please come for one week, or all weeks, or anything in between. This group is for anyone looking for something more casual than Adult Education Forums in the chapel but more structured than Coffee Hour. Meetings are in the conference room on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services.
Habitat for Humanity Workday Lunches
Do you want to help St. Paul’s build a house for Habitat for Humanity? Does swinging a hammer, laying floors, or painting a wall seem like more than you can commit to at this time? Well there is another way you can assist. St. Paul’s will be providing lunch for the workers on March 12 and April 9. We need your help to provide the food. A Signup Genius will be available on the website for you to indicate what you will provide. More details will be included on the signup or you can contact Katie Robinson at email@example.com or 919-247-3472.
Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN), Ministry to the Homeless: St. Paul’s WIHN week is Feb 20-27. Volunteers still needed: (a) Set-up: Sun, Nov 8, 2:00 p.m. (b) Provide breakfast on Saturday. We still need OVERNIGHT HOSTS for Mon (Feb 22), Tues (Feb 23), Wed (Feb 24). WIHN is a wonderful “hands-on” outreach opportunity, both for adults and for families. Please contact Kathleen Neff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Myrna Belingon (email@example.com).
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Eucharistic Ministers are hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Eucharistic Ministers are lay persons who assist the clergy in administering Communion. If you would like to be join this ministry, please see Mary Kintz or contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to learn more about this special ministry.
Next week Women’s Beach Week will be hosting coffee hour in the parish hall. This yearly event offers all women of the parish a chance to spend a few days or even a whole week at the beach. It’s a wonderful opportunity for relaxing and spending time with friends and for making new friends.
FAITH ON TAP: Variety is the spice of life! The next few months Faith On Tap will be meeting at establishments with more than ten taps – something for just about any taste! So come join us to meet old friends and/or make new ones. Both men and women are invited! Please contact Tyrus Cohan (228) 223-4558 or email@example.com with any questions.
Saturday, March 19 7:30 p.m. – World of Beer, 2036 Renaissance Park Place, Cary, NC 27513
Saturday, April 16 7:30 p.m.- Flying Saucer, 328 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Saturday, May 21 7:30 p.m.- Tyler’s Tap Room, 1483 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502
Men’s Beach Week 2016: is scheduled for April 17-24 on Emerald Isle. More information, registration forms, and the sign-up sheet are now available in the narthex. Contact Jeff Kager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919)417-2179 with questions.
Women’s Beach Week 2016: Mark your calendars now for April 24th through May 1st for our annual beach trip to Emerald Isle. See the sign-up poster in the narthex.
ASP SPAGHETI DINNER: Are you hungry for some great St. Paul’s Men’s Group home cooked spaghetti with all the fixings? Want to help with the Appalachian Service Project, which gives our youth the opportunity this summer to build relationships with our neighbors in Appalachia and help with home repairs? You can do BOTH by attending the ASP Spaghetti Dinner on Friday, March 4 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the parish hall! Included with your delicious meal will be an enthusiastic ASPer or two to tell you all about the trip! Prices are: Adult, $8; children, $5; or a full family for $20. In addition, we will have raffle tickets to purchase for several baskets of prizes. A fun night for a great cause! We also accept monetary donations through our stakeholder program. We also accept credit cards. For questions, please contact Kevin Swann: email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 & 11:15 a.m. services today. These sessions are for children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the children’s cross processional to the youth wing.
- Clergy-led Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. service. This Chapel is for children ages 3rd-5th grade. Please meet Dr. Cathy at the door to the courtyard.
- Our Children’s Stewardship Basket is collecting for Stop Hunger Now. Please contribute as the children continue their collection toward our $2900 goal that will sponsor a children’s Stop Hunger Now Day on May 15, 2016. Money for this event will be collected June 1, 2015 through May 15, 2016. To date we have collected $1523.29.
- VBS Meetings will be held on Tuesday afternoons at 1:00 p.m., starting Feb. 16! Our VBS theme will be Heroes and Villains! Please contact Christine Ingram if you would like to help create this fun and exciting week.
- Mite Boxes are available in the narthex and near the Children’s Ministries Bulletin Board in the Education Building. This year’s Mite Box collection will go toward our Children’s Stop Hunger Now event.
- After Lent, comes Easter and our huge Easter Egg Hunt! We need donations of small, individually wrapped, nut-free candy for our Easter candy treat bags. Please drop off any donations to Christine Ingram of Christa Magee by March 20. Thank you so much!
- Pre-EYC meets next Sunday, Feb. 28 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. We will meet at Buffalo Lanes in Cary to go bowling with EYC! Keep an eye on your email this week for additional information.
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Who Is God? Jesus Is Lord.” Middle School meets in the youth wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC Tonight 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.: This is a regular EYC where our main activity will be tie-dying our Youth Ministry t-shirts. Come join the fun! If you didn’t preorder a shirt and want one, I have few extras so contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lenten Series: Tuesdays 2/23 & 3/1 & 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m: In this Lenten season of prayer and preparation to celebrate Easter we will participate in a video-based class by Bishop Curry entitled “Spirituality and Racial Justice.” We will share a simple meal together, watch the videos, and discuss how we are called to respond to racial injustice and work towards healing. We will meet in the youth wing.