ADULT EDUCATION: All are welcome to attend forums in the Chapel on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services. This morning’s forum is entitled, “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Confirmation, Reception and Reaffirmation, But Were Afraid to Ask,” led by our clergy.
Next Sunday, we welcome Carolyn Edge, a spiritual director and retreat leader for more than 25 years, for the first in a two-part forum series on “Exploring Spiritual Direction”. In Part I, we will explore the process of spiritual direction, a process for becoming aware of the presence and movement of the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives, work, celebrations, and struggles. Ms. Edge received her certification from The Guild for Spiritual Guidance and is a member of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Raleigh. From 1992 to 2009 she directed the Spiritual Formation Program for men and women discerning a call to Holy Orders in the Diocese of North Carolina.
Habitat for Humanity Workday Lunches
Do you want to help St. Paul’s build a house for Habitat for Humanity? Does swinging a hammer, laying floors, or painting a wall seem like more than you can commit to at this time? Well there is another way you can assist. St. Paul’s will be providing lunch for the workers on March 12 and April 9. We need your help to provide the food. A Signup Genius will be available on the website for you to indicate what you will provide. More details will be included on the signup or you can contact Katie Robinson at email@example.com or 919-247-3472.
ASP SPAGHETTI DINNER: Are you hungry for some great St. Paul’s Men’s Group home cooked spaghetti with all the fixings? Want to help with the Appalachian Service Project, which gives our youth the opportunity this summer to build relationships with our neighbors in Appalachia and help with home repairs? You can do BOTH by attending the ASP Spaghetti Dinner on Friday, March 4 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the parish hall! Included with your delicious meal will be an enthusiastic ASPer or two to tell you all about the trip! Prices are: Adult, $8; children, $5; or a full family for $20. In addition, we will have raffle tickets to purchase for several baskets of prizes. A fun night for a great cause! We also accept monetary donations through our stakeholder program. We also accept credit cards. For questions, please contact Kevin Swann: firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: Women’s Beach Week is hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. This yearly event offers all women of the parish a chance to spend a few days, or even a whole week, at the beach. Stop by to learn more about this special opportunity for relaxing and spending time with friends, and also for making new friends.
Next week the Ministry of Mothers Sharing (MOMS) will be hosting coffee hour. MOMS is a special course which offers mothers a place to share the stresses, concerns, and positive experiences that have influenced their spiritual growth. All parishioners – not just parents! – are invited to stop by, enjoy coffee and refreshments, and find out more about this special ministry.
Are you called to be a SPONSOR FOR CONFIRMATION? Our Youth Confirmation Class is forming, and we are seeking adult confirmed members of St. Paul’s to be mentors to our Youth, who have chosen to confirm their baptismal promises through the sacrament of Confirmation. Sponsors will be asked to attend as many Confirmation sessions as possible with the Youth and will be willing to explore questions and issues of faith with the candidate. They should also be open to sharing their own spiritual journey with the candidate. Sponsors can get all the information, including schedules and FAQS at the CONFIRMATION ORIENTATION today (10:10 a.m. today in the Chapel) or see Cathy Deats. Printed information is also available in the narthex for anyone interested in Confirmation or Sponsorship, as well as Reception into the Episcopal Church (for those already Confirmed in another denomination).
“CONVERSATION AND COMMUNITY” a small group discussion opportunity uses selections from Brian McLaren’s book, We Make the Road by Walking, to facilitate spiritually focused conversation and to foster friendships. Please come for one week, or all weeks, or anything in between. This group is for anyone looking for something more casual than Adult Education Forums in the chapel but more structured than Coffee Hour. Meetings are in the conference room on Sunday mornings between the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services.
Easter Lily Envelopes are available in the pews through Sunday, March 13. Giving an Easter Lily that will decorate the altar and worship spaces on Easter Sunday is a beautiful way to remember and give thanks for the special people in our lives. The Altar Guild kindly requests a donation of $20.00 per plant. Checks may be made payable to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church with Altar Guild Flowers noted on the memo line. All requests must to be received by Sunday, March 13 in order to appear in the Easter Bulletins. Easter Lilies will be available to take home following the 11:15 a.m. service on Easter Sunday.
Men’s Beach Week 2016: is scheduled for April 17-24 on Emerald Isle. More information and registration forms are available in the narthex or online at www.stpaulscary.org (search BEACH). Contact Jeff Kager at email@example.com or 919-417-2179 with questions.
Women’s Beach Week 2016: Mark your calendars now for April 24th through May 1st for our annual beach trip to Emerald Isle. See the sign-up poster in the narthex or call Yvon Daniel 919-747-1199 or email at Yvdaniel60@gmail.com
FAITH ON TAP: Variety is the spice of life! The next few months Faith On Tap will be meeting at establishments with more than ten taps – something for just about any taste! So come join us to meet old friends and/or make new ones. Both men and women are invited! Please contact Tyrus Cohan (228) 223-4558 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Saturday, March 19 7:30 p.m. – World of Beer, 2036 Renaissance Park Place, Cary, NC 27513
Saturday, April 16 7:30 p.m.- Flying Saucer, 328 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Saturday, May 21 7:30 p.m.- Tyler’s Tap Room, 1483 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. services today. These sessions are for children ages 3 through 2nd Please follow the children’s cross processional to the youth wing.
- Our Children’s Stewardship Basket is collecting for Stop Hunger Now. Please contribute as the children continue their collection toward our $2900 goal that will sponsor a children’s Stop Hunger Now Day on May 15, 2016. Money for this event will be collected June 1, 2015 through May 15, 2016. To date we have collected $1559.40.
- Pre-EYC meets today from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. We will meet at Buffalo Lanes in Cary to go bowling with EYC!
- Mite Boxes are available in the Narthex and near the Children’s Ministries Bulletin Board in the Education Building. This year’s Mite Box collection will go toward our Children’s Stop Hunger Now event.
Children’s Ministries Volunteer Opportunities
- After Lent, comes Easter and our huge Easter Egg Hunt! We need donations of small, individually wrapped, nut-free candy for our Easter candy treat bags. Please drop off any donations to Christine Ingram of Christa Magee by March 20. Thank you so much!
- VBS Planning Meetings will be held on Tuesday afternoons at 1:00 p.m., starting Feb. 16! Our VBS theme will be Heroes and Villains! We need center leaders for 3-year olds, Music, Games and Story. Please contact Christine Ingram if you would like to help create this fun and exciting week.
- March 6 is our annual Sunday School Teacher Appreciation Brunch. This is a special day for the teachers as we take time to thank them for their hard work and patience. If you would like to assist in this effort, please consider helping with food for this event. Please sign up here if you can help bring some food for the brunch: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da4a623a4f58-food
- Sunday School: The lesson today is entitled “Who Is God? Jesus Is Lord.” Middle School meets in the youth wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Confirmation Classes: Information session is on today during the Education Hour in the Chapel. Both interested youth and parents should attend. Confirmation will be held at St. Paul’s on May 22nd.
- EYC Tonight 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Note the change in time. Drop off and pick up is at Buffalo Lanes in Cary. There will be no meal served. You should have RSVP’d already, but contact Leah (email@example.com) to see there is any extra lane space.
- Lenten Series: Tuesdays March 1 & 8, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.: In this Lenten season of prayer and preparation to celebrate Easter we will participate in a video-based class by Bishop Curry entitled “Spirituality and Racial Justice.” We will share a simple meal together, watch the videos, and discuss how we are called to respond to racial injustice and work towards healing. We will meet in the youth wing.