NOTE: NO ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE PLANNED FOR EASTER DAY, APRIL 21
REFUGE FOR REFUGEES (R4R) is hosting a Welcome Home Party for our Ethiopian family today after the 11:15 a.m. service. Please come join us in welcoming this precious family to the United States. The family consists of mom, Alfiya, and her five young-adult children, Linaa, Hangaatuu, Ikram (daughters) and Khalid, and Rooba (sons). You will find them delightful. See you at 12:30 p.m. A light vegetarian lunch will be served.
Sunday Morning: There will be no adult formation today.
Wednesday Offerings: No class this week. Join us for Holy Week services in the Church.
MEN’S BEACH WEEK: Each year, the men of St. Paul’s gather in Emerald Isle for a week of fun at the beach – just to have a great time! This year, Men’s Beach week runs from Easter Sunday, April 21st through Sunday, April 28th. Choose to come for one or more nights – the sign-up sheet is in the narthex. For more info, please contact Mike McInerney at Michael.email@example.com or at (919) 656-4629.
CAPITAL PROJECT UPDATE: Did you miss the project update on February 24? Don’t worry! A brief summary is now available on the St. Paul’s website, including information about repairs, renovations, and exciting possibilities for new construction.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
The Eucharistic Ministers are hosting coffee hour in the parish hall following the 9:00 a.m. service today. Eucharistic Ministers are lay persons who assist the clergy in administering Communion. Please stop by the parish hall to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to learn more about this special ministry.
Next week there will be a special Easter coffee hour in the parish hall. This will be an excellent opportunity to gather with family and friends in celebration of this joyous day.
WOMEN’S BEACH WEEK: St. Paul’s Women’s Beach Week sign up is in progress! Come for a few days or the whole week. This trip is open any St. Paul’s women over 18. All are welcome! We have houses reserved in Emerald Isle NC. The dates are Sunday April 28 – Sunday May 5. The cost is $40 a night. This is a wonderful way to meet, reconnect, relax, and have fun with other members of our church. The sign-up poster is in the narthex, with forms and information. If you have any questions, please call or text Yvon Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-747-1199.
HOLY WEEK SERVICE SCHEDULE
Monday, April 15 7:00 p.m. Holy Week Eucharist
Tuesday, April 16 7:00 p.m. Holy Week Eucharist
Wednesday, April 17 7:00 p.m. Holy Week Eucharist
April 18 7:00 p.m. Maundy Thursday Liturgy
Friday, April 19 10:00 a.m. Child Friendly Stations of the Cross
7:00pm Good Friday Liturgy
Saturday, April 20 8:00 p.m. Easter Vigil
• The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. So far, we have collected $1996.28 toward our $3000 goal!
• Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9 a.m. worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
• Please remember that Sunday School will not be held today, April 14, or next Sunday, April 21. Enjoy your spring break!
• Join us next Sunday, Easter Day, at 10:15 a.m. for our annual Easter Egg Hunt!
VBS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
• VBS is right around the corner – June 17 – 21. It cannot happen without many hands to make light work.
• Please join us at a planning meeting on Tuesday, April 23rd at 6:30pm. (Meeting location TBD…will update those that RSVP with location).
• Excited to help with just a little bit of time and a lot of love for the children of St. Paul’s? RSVP to Sara Concini at email@example.com or call/text.
• Sunday School: No classes today or next week. We meet back on April 28.
• EYC: No EYC tonight or next week. We meet back on April 28. Have a safe and happy spring break.