Please remember to silence your cell phones.
- Welcome to Backpack Blessings Sunday! All children (with or without backpacks) will be invited forward during the 9am announcements to receive a special back to school blessing.
- We are wrapping up the summer with a visit from the Kona Ice Truck. Everyone is invited to visit the Kona Ice Truck for a free kiddie size cup of the frozen treat. The truck will be parked by the playground from 10:00 a.m.to 11:00 a.m.
- Visit Children’s Ministries at today’s Mini-Ministry fair in the Parish Hall! Pick up your Bingo card so you can get a special treat!
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far, we have collected $264.59 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- Please join the Sunday School Teaching Ministry! Being a Sunday School Teacher is a great way to give back to the church, meet great children and other wonderful adults! Training is provided, the curriculum is easy and scheduling is flexible! Our current needs are 1 teacher for each grade of Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 4th Please contact Christine Ingram for more information or to sign up!
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, Nursery Care for babies and young children is available-please see an usher to escort you to the Nursery (Kid’s Club). Our Bride’s Room is located in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child.
- Mini-Ministry Fair Today: Come between services to pick up forms and get information about our plans for the coming year in Youth Ministry!
- Sunday School Classes Resume Sunday, September 10. Come fellowship and learn together this year. Classes meet in the same locations: Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10. The Education Hour is from 10:15-11:00 a.m.
- Episcopal Youth Community (EYC) Resumes Sunday, September 10 from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Come join us for lots of wild games, silly songs and dances, and general hilarity as we celebrate coming back together for another great year of faith and fellowship. There will also be an awesome meal. This is a combined event for both middle school and high school. Don’t forget to dress to play games!
- Parent Meeting Sunday, September 10 from 4:30-5:00 p.m. After you drop your youth off and make sure all the paperwork/forms are completed, come into the church for a brief parent orientation about the upcoming year and youth programming. At least one parent from every family should plan to attend.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The End of Summer Ministry Fair is being held in the Parish Hall during coffee hour today. Here are some of the groups that will be present: Arts and Crafts Festival, Children’s Ministries, Kids’ Club, Preschool, Men’s Group, Music Ministry, Rainbow Gathering, St. Nicholas Ministry, Veterans and Military Outreach, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to see what’s happening within our parish and beyond.
There will be no refreshments following the 9:00 a.m. service next week. We hope you enjoy a safe and happy Labor Day holiday with family and friends.
DORCAS FOOD PANTRY: Thanks for your support of the toilet paper collection for the Dorcas Food Pantry. Last Sunday (8/13) we collected 215 rolls for a total of 2,336 rolls this year.
The Carying Place Race for Home is around the corner (Monday, Labor Day, September 4, 2017). Quite a few of us participated last year and it was a lot of fun. All race participants must register here: www.labordayraceforhome.org. The 1-mile fun Run is free and all other races are also free for St. Paul’s members who use the following code: StPaulsSponsor. St Paul’s is sponsoring an information table. If you would like to volunteer to help at the table, please contact Gordon Werner
ADULT FORMATION: Today, a brief film in the NOOMA series will be shown in the Youth Wing, followed by a discussion period, between the 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. services. These films explore real-life situations from the perspective of Jesus. All are welcome to attend.
The third session viewing and discussing The Way will be Wednesday, August 30, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Youth Wing. Please join us even if you missed sessions.
Join us this Fall on Sunday mornings at 10:10 a.m. in the Chapel to delve into the rich tradition of our faith: what Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has called “the Episcopal Branch of the Jesus Movement.” We will begin with an overview of our Jewish roots by looking at the geography and history of the Holy Land, and go on to explore the Christian faith through our common worship: the language of the creeds, the history of the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion, and the meaning behind our common rites of worship.
ARTS AND CRAFT FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 4, with proceeds going to Outreach. If you have new, handmade items to donate, please contact Gerri Antonides, firstname.lastname@example.org. For general questions about the festival, please contact Sally Moller at email@example.com.
St. Paul’s Lobster Fest 2017 will be Saturday, October 7. We need Volunteers! Help during the week of Lobster Fest, the day of Lobster Fest, and a couple of follow-up needs. St. Paul’s parishioners have been generous with support in the past and we need to fill our open positions as soon as we can. Please go to https://tinyurl.com/lobsterfesthelp2017 (Sign Up Genius Invite). Links to this Sign Up Genius sites are posted on both lobsterfestcary.org and stpaulscary.org web sites. Or, contact Vickie Johnson, 919-201-2503, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Carying Place Race for Home is around the corner (Monday, Labor Day, September 4, 2017). Quite a few of us participated last year and it was a lot of fun. All race participants must register here: www.labordayraceforhome.org. The 1-mile fun Run is free and all other races are also free for St. Paul’s members who use the following code:
TROLLEY TOUR: Are you interested in knowing more of Raleigh’s history? Join the Senior Ministry Saturday, September 23 for the tour and lunch afterwards. The 1-hour tour leaves from Mordecai Historical Park, Raleigh, at 11:00 a.m.
The Trolley seats 26, so it is important to reserve seat(s) ahead of time. Checks should be made out to St. Paul’s with Trolley Tour in the Memo line. Tickets are $10/person. Checks should be sent to St. Paul’s or put in the Sunday collection.
Please let us know if you would like to carpool. We will leave St. Paul’s parking lot at 10:00 a.m. We would also appreciate knowing if you will join us after the tour for lunch at The Carolina Ale House on Glenwood Avenue. The lunch is not included in the ticket cost!
ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOBBY