ARTS AND CRAFT FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 4, with proceeds going to Outreach. If you have new, handmade items to donate, please contact Gerri Antonides, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DORCAS FOOD PANTRY: Just a reminder that next Sunday, August. 13, is our regular toilet paper collection Sunday for Dorcas Food Pantry. And a thank you for those who have filled the bin the last 2 Sundays. It’s really appreciated.
The Women’s Study Group will meet Tuesday, August 8 from 12:00 noon -1:30 p.m. in the Bride’s Room to discuss The Zookeeper’s Wife: A War Story by Diane Ackerman. This is a novelization of a true story in which the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo saved hundreds of people from Nazi hands. This will be an interesting book to read and discuss, so we hope you will join us. If you have any questions, contact Leah Dail at LeahDail@gmail.com.
Newcomer Ministry: We need several people who live in Holly Springs, Apex, and Fuquay-Varina to assist with delivering bread. We are having more visitors from those areas and it would be helpful if those of you who live south of Cary could assist us. It’s easy! Please contact Anne Laney at email@example.com, or just check in the drawer of the desk in the narthex after the service and see if there are visitor pew cards with addresses that are convenient for you. The instructions are there.
- Super Summer S(f)undays continue today at 10:10 a.m. Meet us on the playground to have a popsicle and enjoy the “Road to Emmaus” – a play by the St. Paul’s Youth! All are welcome (children must be accompanied by an adult).
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 3, 2018. So far, we have collected $226.69 toward our goal of $3000.00.
- Children’s Chapel will be held at the 9:00 a.m. worship service today and is open to all children age 3 through 2nd Immediately following the Collect, children may follow the cross processional to the Youth Wing. The children will return to the Sanctuary during the Peace.
- We need Sunday School Teachers. Being a Sunday School Teacher is a great way to give back to the church, meet great children and meet other wonderful adults. Training is provided, the curriculum is easy and scheduling is flexible. We currently need teachers for Kindergarten (2 teachers), 1st Grade (1 Teacher), 2nd Grade (1 Teacher), 3rd Grade (1 Teacher), and 4th Grade (1 Teacher). Please contact Christine Ingram for more information or to sign up.
- Children’s bulletins, crayon packs, and pipe cleaners are available on the desk in the Narthex.
- The presence of children is a gift to the church and children are always welcome in our services. If you feel the need, nursery care for babies and young children is available – please see an usher to escort you to the nursery (Kids’ Club). Our Bride’s Room is in the back of the Sanctuary and is open to anyone needing a place for a crying baby or restless child.
YOUTH: Today from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Come enjoy milkshakes and games. Just come ready to have fun. We’ll meet in the Youth Wing.