PHOTO DIRECTORY: We need more people in the photo directory!!! Due to the low turnout from the first set of photo sessions, we are offering more photo sessions. We need you to sign up to be in the directory. We have partnered with Lifetouch Portraits to create a new photo directory. The signup is available online at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/yclxe0ge/. The dates of the portrait sessions will be February 18th and February 19th. These sessions will take place in the chapel. Each family/person that sits for a photo will receive a free 8×10 from Lifetouch. If you have any questions or would like to help with this fun exciting event, please contact Jill Cole at email@example.com.
Today join us for the Parish Update in the Church.
Next Sunday Mornings: On February 3, join our clergy and guests as we delve into the series, “Nurturing Faith: From Childhood to Adulthood.” This forum will also explore the rich Celtic spiritual tradition and some tools it provides for those who wish to deepen their faith.
Wednesday Evenings: Our winter series, “Spiritual Practices,” guide us through the basics of seven spiritual practices. Each session begins with a short video. This week, on January 30, Phyllis Tickle introduces “Sacraments: A Tapestry of Transitions,” as we explore stories of faith experiences through ancient spiritual practices. Sessions begin at 7:00 p.m. in the youth wing.
For more information on Adult Formation, please see the page on St. Paul’s website and E-News.
PRAYER LIST RENEWAL: We ask that those who have requested friends and loved ones be included on the prayer list, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 467-1477 extension 10, to renew the request. Please contact Melanie Fairbrother by Monday, January 28, to renew your request. Call or email anytime to remove a name. Please do not assume that we know the name should be renewed.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS
There is a Parish Update in the Church following the 9:00 a.m.service today. In lieu of coffee hour in the Parish Hall, coffee will be served by the Vestry in the Narthex before the meeting.
The Winter Mini Ministry Fair will take place next Sunday, and the participating ministries will be hosting coffee hour. The three mini fairs each year highlight different groups. A few of the groups present at this fair will include: Dorcas Ministries, Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Episcopal Campus Ministries, Kids’ Club, Preschool, Episcopal Farmworkers Ministry, Ushers, and Wake County Sponsors.
Souper Bowl of Caring 2/3: The youth are collecting food staples for Urban Ministries and invite the parish to help. Food will be collected outside the Music Room Sunday, February 3rd. Please help us surpass last year’s record 220 pounds. Thank you in advance.
WINTER MINI MINISTRY FAIR: This event will be held in the parish hall during coffee hour on February 3. Different ministries are highlighted at the three mini fairs each year. Here are some of the groups which will be on hand at this fair: Dorcas Ministries, Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Episcopal Farmworkers, Preschool, Ushers, and Wake County Sponsors.
Altar Flower Memorials: The Altar Flower Chart for 2019 is in the narthex. Flowers are usually given in memory of or / and in thanksgiving for loved ones, or to commemorate special occasions in our lives. The Altar Guild requests a donation of $45.00. Checks may be made payable to St. Paul’s with Altar Guild flowers noted on the memo line. Please sign up on the flower chart at least 3 weeks in advance for your name to appear in the appropriate Sunday bulletin. Stop by the sacristy after the 11:15 a.m. service if you would like to take the flowers you donated home.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $1499.58 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9am worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after the Collect.
- Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building.
- The 5th Annual Teddy Bear Tea will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon in the Parish Hall. Hope you and your stuffed friends can join us! All are welcome!
- Communion Class (ages 1st grade and up) information is available in the weekly Children’s Ministries email. Please be sure to register your child and email Christine Ingram if you have any questions. Classes begin next Sunday, Feb. 3 at 10:10 a.m.
- Youth Christian Formation: The lesson is entitled “Productive Worker: Letting Your Light Shine.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided) and High School meets in Room 10.
- Murder Mystery Rehearsal 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Meet in the Parish Hall and bring your script. Have first scene memorized – really!
- EYC Tonight 5:00-6:00 p.m.: Parent Drivers needed for Souper Bowl flyer distribution around the neighborhood. Detailed maps are provided. We more, so please sign up: http://bit.ly/2MnMfcd.
- EYC Tonight 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Souper Bowl Flyer Distribution – Wear weather-appropriate clothing and good shoes. We go (run) around the surrounding neighborhoods and leave flyers and grocery bags for food donations. We go back next week to pick up the food. Then we’ll have time for some music, scatterball and dinner!