COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS:
The Ushers will be providing light refreshments in front of the church between the 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services today. This ministry plays an important role in helping newcomers and visitors form a positive impression of our church. They greet people on Sunday mornings, hand out service bulletins, collect the offering, and assist the congregation at communion time.
Next week is Confirmation Sunday. There will be a special coffee hour in the Parish Hall in honor of the Bishop’s visit and our confirmands. Please stop by to enjoy coffee and refreshments and to celebrate this joyous occasion.
NEW PHOTO DIRETORY: If you have not had your picture taken yet for the new picture directory would like to participate, go to the www.stpaulscary.org and click on the link to sign up. Dates are June 13-16. Please contact Jill Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: Welcoming in Christ is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for May is “Music and the Arts as Expression of Faith.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to email@example.com.
The Women’s Study Group will meet Tuesday, June 12th from 12:00-1:30 p.m. in the Bride’s Room to discuss Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover. From Amazon: “An unforgettable memoir about a young girl who, kept out of school, leaves her survivalist family and goes on to earn a PhD from Cambridge University.” If you have any questions, contact Leah Dail at LeahDail@gmail.com.
The Arts & Crafts Festival for Outreach: Help Wanted! We need someone to manage the St. Paul’s Table, which sells handmade items donated by parishioners. We’d love to have you join us in raising money for outreach. If you’re interested and would like to know more, please contact Sally Moller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you to everyone that participated in the 2018 Note in the Pocket Sort Day! Our Children’s Collection is starting over, with a new goal of $3000. We have collected $79.75 toward the 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service. Please follow the cross processional following the Collect.
- Sunday School Teachers are needed for the 2018-19 School Year! We have openings in Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th grade. Please contact Christine Ingram for more information.
- VBS starts next Monday, June 18! We are looking forward to welcoming all our participants and volunteers.
- “Shake It Up Sunday” Today 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Come to the Youth Wing for milkshakes and fun activities. We will make (and drink!) milkshakes, play games, and have Compline outside. It will be a fun relaxing time to stay connected through the summer.
- Confirmation Rehearsal Today 12:00 p.m.: Meet in the church.